|Commenced operations||15 October 2013|
|Focus cities||Visakhapatnam Airport|
|Fleet size||4 (+50 on order)|
|Company slogan||Happy Flying!|
|Parent company||LEPL Group|
|Key people||L.V.S Rajasekhar
(Director & CEO, LEPL Group)
Captain K.N Babu
(CEO, Air Costa)
Air Costa is an Indian regional airline based in Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh. It is part of the LEPL Group, has started with 300 employees including expatriate pilots and engineers and commenced scheduled operations in October 2013 using two Embraer E-170 aircraft.
The airline plans to focus on improving connectivity between tier II and tier III cities in India and has announced an investment of 150 million dollars by 2015. The airline also plans to set up a Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) facility at Vijayawada Airport by 2015. The airline currently has a maintenance centre at the Chennai International Airport.
The LEPL group received a No-Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Ministry of Civil Aviation in February 2012. The airline initially planned to start operations with a fleet of Q400 aircraft. However, Air Costa's decision to acquire Embraer Jets was made public at the Paris Air Show in June 2013. Air Costa received its Air Operators’ Permit (AOP) from the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) in September 2013.
Air Costa commenced operations with a pair of Embraer E-170 jets leased from ECC. Another two E-190 jets were delivered in December and January respectively. It aims to have Ten E-170s and E-190s by the end of 2014 and a total of 25 aircraft by 2018.
|7||60||67||Leased from ECC|
|0||112||112||Leased from GECAS|
|Embraer E190-E2||—||25||TBA||Deliveries starting 2018. Asian Launch customer.|
The deal with Air Costa also includes purchase rights for 50 more of the aircraft, they said at the Singapore Airshow. Air Costa will become the first customer of the E-Jet E2 in the Indian market when it takes the first delivery in 2019.
Air Costa flies to the following destinations, as of June 2014:
|Ahmedabad||Gujarat||AMD||VAAH||Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport|
|Bangalore||Karnataka||BLR||VOBL||Kempegowda International Airport|
|Chennai||Tamil Nadu||MAA||VOMM||Chennai International Airport|
|Coimbatore||Tamil Nadu||CJB||VOCB||Coimbatore International Airport|
|Hyderabad||Telangana||HYD||VOHS||Rajiv Gandhi International Airport|
|Jaipur||Rajasthan||JAI||VIJP||Jaipur International Airport|
|Madurai||Tamil Nadu||IXM||VOMD||Madurai Airport|
|Vijayawada||Andhra Pradesh||VGA||VOBZ||Vijayawada AirportHub|
|Visakhapatnam||Andhra Pradesh||VTZ||VOVZ||Visakhapatnam Airport|
- "Air Costa takes off from Chennai today". The Hindu. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- "First Air Costa flight flagged off by Kiran (Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh State)". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- "Air Costa, India's newest airline, takes flight today". Business Today. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- "LEPL to invest Rs 600 cr in Air Costa". Business Standard. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- "Air Costa takes off to connect towns". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- "Air Costa to be launched soon". The Hindu. Retrieved 23 February 2012.
- "India’s Air Costa Acquires three E-Jets".
- "Air Costa gets DGCA permit". Business Standard. 20 September 2013. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- "India’s Air Costa places a firm order for 50 E-Jets E2s".
|This article about an Indian company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|