|Hubs||Toronto Pearson International Airport
Calgary International Airport
|Secondary hubs||Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport|
|Frequent-flyer program||Aeroplan (Air Canada)|
|Airport lounge||Maple Leaf Lounge (Air Canada)|
|Alliance||Star Alliance (affiliate for Air Canada)|
|Parent company||Georgian International|
|Headquarters||The Shell Aerocentre at Toronto Pearson International Airport
|Key people||Eric Edmondson (President & CEO)
Dan Bockner (VP Operations)
Scott Monsen (VP Finance)
Air Georgian Limited is a privately owned airline based at Toronto Pearson International Airport in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. Its main business is its operation as Air Canada Express on a Tier III codeshare with Air Canada for scheduled services on domestic and trans-border routes. Its main base is Toronto Pearson International Airport, with hubs at Calgary International Airport and Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport.
It is an executive jet operator offering aircraft charter, aircraft maintenance, aircraft management, outsourced flight operations, flight crew scheduling, technical and airline pilot training services to major airlines, corporations and individuals at its hubs in Toronto (CYYZ), Calgary (CYYC), and Montreal (CYUL).
Air Georgian operates under the Commuter Operations Regulations Subpart 704 of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CAR 704) and has completed the IATA Operational Safety Audit. Air Georgian is a certified dealer of Pratt & Whitney ADAS systems and is the Canadian Service Ctr for the Hawker Premier. Air Georgian pilots are represented by an internal union, the Ontario Regional Employee Association.
Air Georgian began as an airport developer in 1985. It began commercial operations in 1994 and subsequently developed its commercial air carrier business, which as of 2011 represented 87 percent of its total business. In 1997 It became a code share partner of Canadian Airlines, operating under the banner of Ontario Regional. Air Georgian was a partner of Canadian Airlines. In 2000 Air Georgian became a Tier III partner of Air Canada and operated as Air Alliance.
It once had a Cessna 208 Caravan Amphibian in the United Arab Emirates which was the first in the region. It had a long time cargo operation known as Georgian Express which was sold to Cargo Jet in 2007.
On November 15, 2013, Air Georgian and Regional 1 completed a joint venture through the creation of a parent company, Regional Express Aviation Ltd. (“REAL”), based in Calgary, Alberta. Air Georgian and R1 both benefit from having access to the world’s largest private fleet of Dash 8 and CRJ series aircraft, over CAD100million in spare parts and domestic maintenance bases located throughout Canada.
Fleet as of July 2014:
|Cessna Citation Sovereign||1||680|
- British Columbia
- Prince Edward Island
- New York
- North Carolina
- Air Georgian route map
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-03-27. p. 57.
- Transport Canada listing of aircraft owned by "Air Georgian" (enter Air Georgian in the box titled "Owner Name")
- "Privacy" Air Georgian. Retrieved on December 10, 2012. "Air Georgian Limited 2450 Derry Road, East Shell Aerocentre Mississauga, Ontario Canada L5S 1B2"
- "Phase I Environmental Site Assessment Skyservice Airlines Inc. Hangar 6 and 6A Lester B Pearson International Airport 6932 Vanguard Drive Mississauga, Ontario." Watters Environmental Group Inc. 152/172. Retrieved on December 10, 2012. "Shell Aerocentre at Pearson Int. Airport (N.O.S.) Mississauga City"
- Establishing the right path, Rob Seaman, in Wings Magazine. Retrieved 2014-01-12
- Marowits, Ross (December 10, 2013). "Air Canada picks Air Georgian for additional regional routes". Toronto Star.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Air Georgian.|