Air Routing International
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (July 2012)|
|Type||Privately held company|
|Founder(s)||Rudy Fabre, Tom Balousek, Richard Wilkens|
|Headquarters||Houston, Texas, U.S.|
|Services||Flight planning, aviation weather, Jet A fuel, and aircraft ground handling|
Air Routing International (commonly called Air Routing or ARI), a Rockwell Collins company, is a worldwide provider of international trip support and corporate flight handling since 1978. It is also the new home for Ascend International Trip Quotes.
Air Routing International was founded by Rudy Fabre, Tom Balousek, and Richard Wilkens in 1978. The founders developed a network of agents in markets throughout the world.
ARI guides corporate flight planners and pilots through the challenges of domestic and international air travel, providing services that range from international permits and route planning to weather reports and refueling.
The company's technical platform, Flight Manager, the cornerstone of ARI's client interface, was introduced in 1998. Flight Manager, in tandem with ARI's staff, is used by flight departments to obtain current flight details on their planned trip.
ARI has been expanding its service offerings since its inception which, today, include arranging on-board catering, ground transportation, and hotel reservations for business, private, and government flight operations. Air Routing International and its associates, Wilkens Weather, Air Routing Fuel and Air Routing Card Services, maintain its corporate headquarters in Houston, Texas.
Memberships and affiliations
- National Business Aviation Association, Inc. (NBAA)
- European Business Aviation Association (EBAA)
- Middle East Business Aviation Association (MEBAA)
- Asian Business Aviation Association (AsBAA)
Other flight support providers
- http://www.airrouting.com/tripquotes.html ARI Trip Quotes
- http://www.airrouting.com/aboutus.html Retrieved from the Air Routing International Web site on February 10, 2009.
- http://www.nbaa.org/directory Retrieved from the National Business Aviation Association website on June 5, 2007.
- http://www.ebaa.org/content/dsp_page/pagec/mbrship_lst Retrieved from the European Business Aviation Association website on June 4, 2007.
- http://www.mebaa.com/about/mebaa_members.asp Retrieved from the Middle East Business Aviation Association website on November 12, 2007.
- http://www.asbaa.org/intro_en.php?Flag=5 Retrieved from the Asian Business Aviation Association website on November 12, 2007.