Air Tahiti Nui
|Founded||October 31, 1996|
|Commenced operations||November 20, 1998|
|Hubs||Faa'a International Airport|
|Frequent-flyer program||Club Tiare|
|Airport lounge||International Lounge|
|Company slogan||Where the journey begins.|
|Headquarters||Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia|
|Key people||Michel Monvoisin (CEO)|
Air Tahiti Nui is a French airline and is French Polynesia's flag carrier airline with its head office in the Immeuble Dexter in Papeete, Tahiti. It operates international services for the low and high-end leisure travel markets. Its main base is Faa'a International Airport, Papeete.
Air Tahiti Nui was established on 31 October 1996 and commenced flight operations on 20 November 1998. It is the first international airline based in Papeete, Tahiti, formed to develop inbound tourism. The government of French Polynesia is the major shareholder (61.7%) along with other local investors. Currently, Air Tahiti Nui has 782 employees.
Air Tahiti Nui serves the following destinations (as of April 2012):
|Auckland||New Zealand||AKL||NZAA||Auckland Airport|
|Los Angeles||United States||LAX||KLAX||Los Angeles International Airport|
|New York City †||United States||JFK||KJFK||John F. Kennedy International Airport |
|Osaka †||Japan||KIX||RJBB||Kansai International Airport|
|Papeete||French Polynesia||PPT||NTAA||Faa'a International Airport [Hub]|
|Paris||France||CDG||LFPG||Charles de Gaulle Airport|
|Tokyo||Japan||NRT||RJAA||Narita International Airport|
|Sydney †||Australia||SYD||YSSY||Sydney Airport|
Air Tahiti Nui has codeshare agreements with the following airlines:
|Aircraft||Total||On Order||±Poerava Business||Moana Coach||Economy||Total Passengers||Notes|
|Airbus A340-300||4||0||5||32||264||296||To be replaced by 787-9|
|Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner||0||4||TBA||replacing A340-300|
- "Contacter." Air Tahiti Nui. Retrieved on 2 February 2011. "Tahiti - Siège social Immeuble Dexter – Pont de L’Est – Papeete BP 1673 – 98713 Papeete – Tahiti."
- Flight International 27 March 2007
- Air Tahiti Nui Route Information
- "Air Tahiti Nui launches first-ever nonstop service between New York & South Pacific". Archived from the original on 2012-03-04.
- Air Tahiti Nui Fleet Information retrieved 2010-01-30.
- New Cabin in 2013
- (French) "RAPPORT D’OBSERVATIONS DEFINITIVES SEML AIR TAHITI NUI Exercices 2008 à 2011." (Archive) Chambre territoriale des comptes de Polynésie française.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Air Tahiti Nui.|