|Predecessor(s)||Aérospatiale-Matra, DASA, and CASA|
|Successor(s)||Airbus Defence & Space|
|Headquarters||Madrid, Spain [full citation needed]|
|Key people||Domingo Ureña-Raso, CEO (2009-2014)|
|Parent||Airbus S.A.S., EADS|
The company was formally created in April 2009 by the integration of the former Military Transport Aircraft Division (MTAD) and Airbus Military Sociedad Limitada (AMSL) into Airbus. In January 2014, the former EADS divisions Airbus Military, Astrium, and Cassidian were merged to form Airbus Defence & Space.
The predecessor company was established in January 1999 as the Airbus Military Company SAS to manage the Airbus A400M project, taking over from the Euroflag consortium. In May 2003, the company was restructured as Airbus Military Sociedad Limitada (AMSL) prior to the execution of the production contract.
The Military Transport Aircraft Division (MTAD) was a division of EADS which designs, manufactures and commercialises EADS-CASA light and medium transport aircraft, and headquartered in Madrid, Spain.
In Feb 2009, Domingo Ureňa-Raso was appointed chairman and CEO of Airbus Military.
In late 2013, the parent company EADS effected the reorganization as the Airbus Group, with three divisions that include Airbus Defence & Space, Airbus, and Airbus Helicopters ending the Airbus Military corporate entity.
- The Company. Airbus Military
- Madrid, sede de Airbus Military. El Mundo (spanish)
- "Biography_Domingo Ureña Raso" (PDF). Airbus. January 2014.
- Airbus Defence and space
- Being Part of aMuch Bigger World
- EADS: Towards a Leaner Organisation (Archive Dec 2008, 16th)
- Chuter, Andrew (31 July 2013). "EADS Announces Name Change, Restructuring". Defensenews.
- Messier, Doug (5 January 2014). "EADS Reorganizes, Acknowledges Success of SpaceX". Parabolic Arc. Retrieved 23 January 2014.