|Key people||Domingo Ureña-Raso, CEO|
|Parent||Airbus S.A.S., EADS|
Airbus Military is a business unit of Airbus, which is part of the EADS conglomerate. The current company was formally created in April 2009 by the integration of the former Military Transport Aircraft Division (MTAD) and Airbus Military Sociedad Limitada (AMSL) into Airbus.
The company was established in January 1999 as the Airbus Military Company SAS to manage the Airbus A400M project, taking over from the Euroflag consortium. In May 2003, the company was restructured as Airbus Military Sociedad Limitada (AMSL) prior to the signature of the production contract.
The Military Transport Aircraft Division (MTAD) was a division of EADS which designs, manufactures and commercialises EADS-CASA light and medium transport aircraft, and headquartered in Madrid, Spain.
In Feb 2009, Domingo Ureňa-Raso was appointed chairman and CEO of Airbus Military.
Orders and Deliveries
Deliveries in 2011:
- C-212: 3
- CN-235: 7
- C-295: 10
- A330 MRTT: 6
Orders and deliveries (total up to Aug 2013):
- Total orders: 1089
- Total deliveries: 874
- In operation: 641
- The Company. Airbus Military
- Madrid, sede de Airbus Military. El Mundo (spanish)
- EADS: Towards a Leaner Organisation (Archive Dec 2008, 16th)
- "Head of Airbus Military". Airbus Military. June 2012.
- New orders and deliveries strengthen Airbus Military’s prospects for future sales opportunities. airbus.com, 17 January 2012
- "The company_Orders & deliveries". Airbus Military. Aug 2013.