Aird & Berlis
|Type||Limited Liability Partnership|
|Headquarters||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Area served||Canada, United States, International|
|Services||Legal advice and Advocacy|
A&B has been rated one of the 30 largest law firms in Canada and one of Toronto's 20 largest law firms by The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory in their feature on The Largest Firms in Canada 2007.
Aird & Berlis LLP dates back to 1919 when its predecessor opened its doors for business. In 1974, the firms of Zimmerman, Grant, Hugo, Paddon, Worley & Bennett merged with Edison, Aird & Berlis to form Aird, Zimmerman & Berlis. The name was changed to Aird & Berlis circa 1978, and the LLP suffix was added later.
Notable members and alumni
- John Black Aird, Co-founder
- Douglas Berlis, Co-founder
- Gold medallist in graduating year of law school
- The Honourable Barbara McDougall, P.C., O.C., CFA, LL.D.
- Peter Sutherland
Sponsorship of Canadian Athletes
- A&B was among the first law firms to sponsor Olympic athletes. The firm sponsored speed skater and Olympic gold medallist Clara Hughes during the 2005–2006 competitive season. For the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, A&B sponsored heptathlete Jessica Zelinka.
- ""AIRD, The Hon. John Black, C.C., O.Ont., Q.C., LL.B., LL.D.," Parliament of Canada".
- ""MCDOUGALL, The Hon. Barbara Jean, P.C., O.C., B.A., LL.D., C.F.A.," Parliament of Canada".
- Ambassadors from Canada
- "Cost of Wal-Mart hearing could double". Stratford Beacon-Herald. May 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-31.