|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011)|
Coordinates: Airedale is a geographic area in Yorkshire, England, corresponding to the river valley of the River Aire (pronounced air). The valley stretches from the river's origin in Malham which is in the Yorkshire Dales, down past Keighley and Bingley, through Leeds and Castleford and on to join the River Ouse at Airmyn. This valley is of great topographic significance for provides low-altitude passes through the mid Pennines to the west coast.
Several things have taken their names from this area:
- Airedale Terrier
- Airedale Centre, a shopping centre in Keighley
- Airedale (automobile)
- Airedale NHS Trust is a National Health Service Hospital Trust located between Skipton and Keighley
- Airedale Line, a rail service
- Baron Airedale
- Airedale, Castleford, a suburb
- Airedale Partnership, the regeneration board for Airedale
- Google Earth Altitudes given by Google Earth maps
- "American Kennel Club, meet the breeds: Airedale Terrier". Retrieved 24 August 2011.
- "Airedale Terrier Club of America, Your Airedale". Retrieved 24 August 2011.
- "Airedale NHS Foundation Trust". Retrieved 24 August 2011.