|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010)|
|Past members||Michael Wallis
They are likened[by whom?] to The Wonder Stuff, Flowered Up, The Mock Turtles and early Blur. Forced to change their name from Jefferson Airhead due to its (deliberate) similarity to Jefferson Airplane, Maidstone-based band Airhead achieved minor UK Singles Chart success with singles "Funny How" and "Counting Sheep". After releasing one album and a handful of singles, they were dropped by their record label Korova and released their final record, the That's Enough EP on Mother Tongue. They are probably best remembered for "Funny How", which although not their highest-charting single was played heavily on BBC Radio 1 at the time of its release.
In 1996, Airhead made a brief return to the live scene, when they supported Kula Shaker, at the Tunbridge Wells Forum.
In June 2007, the fan site Airhead Online began a petition to convince the major record label Warners, owner of Airhead's label Korova, to reissue Boing!! in expanded format with bonus tracks and liner notes from the band.
- "Congratulations" (as Jefferson Airhead, 1991), B-side "Something Blue"
- "Scrap Happy" (as Jefferson Airhead, 1991)
- "Funny How" (October 1991) UK #57, B-side "Keep the Apple"
- "Counting Sheep" (December 1991) UK #35, B-side "Take My Train"
- "Right Now" (March 1992) UK #50, other tracks "The Enemy" & "Through my Window"
- "That's Enough" EP (1993), other tracks "They Don't Know" and "Someone Should Have Told Me "
A number of single b-sides did not appear on the band's only album; these were "Something Blue", "The Enemy", "Through My Window", "Keep The Apple", "Take My Train", 'demo' versions of "Congratulations", "Scrap Happy", "Counting Sheep" and "Right Now", and all of the tracks on the "That's Enough" EP.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 17. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- Campaign Details. Airheadonline.co.uk.
- Discogs 'Congratulations' includes single sleeve design. Discogs.com.
- Funny How single details. Discogs.com.
- Countin Sheep single details. Discogs.com.
- Right Now cover and track listings. Discogs.com.