Airport Road, Dhaka
Airport Road, also known as Tongi Diversion Road, also a part of the Dhaka-Mymensingh Highway (N3), is a 8-lane major artery road in Dhaka, that connects Dhaka city, with the Shahjalal International Airport. It is also the main artery that connects Dhaka with the northern suburb of Uttara, and the only road that connects Dhaka with northern Districts of Bangladesh and vice versa. It is clogged with heavy traffic the whole day, experiencing the most traffic congestion in Kuril-Biswa Road Intersection. To ensure the smooth movement of traffic, flyovers and interchanges are being built, which are going to be complete by December 2012.
Built as an expressway to facilitate movement with northern districts of Bangladesh. The 8 lane expressway (4 lanes on each side) has bright street lights, monuments, fountains and beautiful structures. It is one of the best maintained road in Bangladesh, with wide-properly painted lanes, a divider; however it doesn't have a shoulder for emergency and breakdown. It has a impractical speed limit of 40 km/h, since traffic enforcement is very poor in the road, it experiences many accidents due to speeding and reckless driving, it is also a infamous venue of street racing.
- Shahjalal International Airport
- Balaka Bhaban, Kurmitola
- Airport Station
- Bangladesh Navy Headquarters
- Dhaka Cantonment
- Cantonment Station
- Radisson Blu Water Garden Hotel, Dhaka
- Dhaka Regency
- Army Golf Club
- Heroes Live Forever Monument
- "Airport Road, Dhaka". Google Maps. Retrieved 2011-12-14.
- "Dhaka Photo Gallery by Brian McMorrow at". Pbase.com. Retrieved 2011-12-14.
- Hafez Ahmed (2011-06-30). "Kuril flyover to be completed by next year". daily sun. Retrieved 2011-12-14.
- "Photo of Beautification of Airport road Dhaka, Bangladesh". Panoramio. 2008-05-06. Retrieved 2011-12-14.
- "Photo of Airport Road, Dhaka". Panoramio. Retrieved 2011-12-14.