Airport Road, Dhaka
Airport Road, also known as Tongi Diversion Road, a part of the Dhaka-Mymensingh Highway (N3), is an 8-lane major artery road in Dhaka, that connects Dhaka city, with the Shahjalal International Airport. It is also the main artery that connects Dhaka with the northern suburb of Uttara and the only road that connects Dhaka with northern Districts of Bangladesh and vice versa. Traffic is fairly smooth throughout the road, due to flyovers and interchanges.
Built as an expressway to facilitate movement with northern districts of Bangladesh. The 8 lane expressway (4 lanes on each side) is one of the best maintained roads in Bangladesh,It has a divider; however it doesn't have a shoulder for emergency and breakdown.
- Shahjalal International Airport
- Balaka Bhaban, Kurmitola
- Airport Railway Station
- Bangladesh Navy Headquarters
- Dhaka Cantonment
- Cantonment Station
- Radisson Blu Water Garden Hotel
- Dhaka Regency
- Army Golf Club
- Heroes Live Forever Monument
- "Airport Road, Dhaka". Google Maps. Retrieved 2011-12-14.
- "Dhaka Photo Gallery by Brian McMorrow at". Pbase.com. Retrieved 2011-12-14.
- Hafez Ahmed (2011-06-30). "Kuril flyover to be completed by next year". daily sun. Retrieved 2011-12-14.
- "Photo of Beautification of Airport road Dhaka, Bangladesh". Panoramio. 2008-05-06. Retrieved 2011-12-14.
- "Photo of Airport Road, Dhaka". Panoramio. Retrieved 2011-12-14.
||This article contains links to, or uses references to proprietary services or sites. The links concerned should be carefully reviewed with a view to their replacement (if possible) with reliable official or 'freely-licensed' alternatives.|