Airport Station (TransLink)
Airport Station was a major public transit exchange point in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada. It is part of the TransLink system in Metro Vancouver. It was closed on September 7th, 2009, two and a half weeks after the opening of the Canada Line.
History and purpose
It was built around 2000, mainly for the 98 B-Line, a bus rapid transit line from Richmond to Vancouver. Located at the foot of the Airport Connector Bridge near the intersection of Russ Baker Way and Miller Road, it is the transfer point to the 424 Airport/Airport Station bus, the only daytime/evening route to the Vancouver International Airport main terminal. The N10 route provides service between Airport Station and the main terminal late night and early morning when the 424 is not in service.
Airport Station also served community shuttles going to the nearby community of Burkeville and the south terminal of the airport, which serves local and smaller airlines. IKEA also sent a shuttle bus to Airport Station to pick up customers.
Airport Station was closed September 7, 2009, after the opening of the Canada Line SkyTrain. Bus routes serving Airport Station were discontinued or rerouted to Bridgeport Station or Marpole Loop .
The following routes still serve the neighbourhood and hotels near Airport Station.
- C92 Sea Island South (community shuttle)
- N10 Downtown/Richmond Centre (night bus)
The following routes once served Airport Station:
- C90 Sea Island North (community shuttle, discontinued)
- 98 B-Line Burrard Station/Richmond Centre (express, discontinued)
- 100 22nd Street Station (now terminates at Marpole Loop)
- 424 Airport (cancelled)
- 491 Burrard Station/One Road (peak hours, express, Monday to Friday)(discontinued)
- 496 Burrard Station/Railway (peak hours, express, Monday to Friday)(discontinued)
- 620 Tsawwassen Ferry (now terminates at Bridgeport Station)
- 301 Airport Station/Newton Exchange (now terminates at Richmond–Brighouse Station)
- 404 Airport Station/Ladner Exchange (now terminates at Richmond–Brighouse Station)
- 425 Airport Station/South Terminal (discontinued, replaced by the C92)
- Bus Service Changes to Canada Line Stations (29 July 2009)
|This article about a building or structure in British Columbia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This bus station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Greater Vancouver-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transport in British Columbia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|