Airtel digital TV
Come Home to the Magic
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Key people||Sunil Bharti Mittal|
|Products||Direct broadcast satellite|
|Subsidiaries||Bharti Telemedia Ltd.|
Airtel digital TV is an Indian direct-broadcast satellite service provider owned and operated by Bharti Airtel. Its satellite service, launched in 2008, transmits digital satellite television and audio to households in India. It uses MPEG-4 digital compression with DVB-S2 technology, transmitting using the satellite SES-7 108.2°E.
Airtel Digital TV Recorder
A premium DVR Digital Video Recorder allows 150 hours of recording live TV on a 160 GB hard disk with MPEG 4 picture clarity. This product was discontinued after the launch of [HD] Recorder.
Airtel Digital TV [HD]
Airtel Digital TV HD provides channels in their native resolution of 1080i or 720p with 16:9 aspect ratio. The STB is compatible with 7.1 Channel Dolby Digital Plus surround sound as well and is in fact the first HD STB in India to be compliant with Dolby digital Plus.
Airtel Digital TV HD+ is a recorder that records content on an external USB drive/hard disk drive. It is different from the Digital TV [HD] recorder that records content on an in-built hard disk drive. HD+ offers potentially unlimited recording, as the capacity depends on that of the external hard disk drive/ USB drive. However, it only has a single tuner and hence only a single channel can be watched and recorded at the same time. This is in contrast to the [HD] recorder that enables one to watch and record two different channels at a time and to also supports simultaneous multiple channels recording.
Airtel Digital TV [HD] Recorder
On 4 May 2010, Airtel digital TV from bharti airtel announced the launch of its 3D ready High Definition Personal Video Recorder (HD Recorder). Retaining its pioneering Remote Recording feature, airtel digital TV's HD Recorder offers unique features of Automatic Favourites, Search and Genre and Category sort and is 3D ready.
Airtel Digital TV's standard definition broadcasts are in MPEG-4 with Interactive Service (ITV) and 7-day EPG (electronic programme guide). Interactive Service (ITV) of Airtel Digital TV includes an add-on service that allows a user to shop, book movie tickets etc. A universal remote is included in the package that can, over IR frequencies, control both the TV and the DTH box. Like other DTH service providers, it also provides a pay per view interactive service that includes a catalogue of movies in Hindi, English and regional languages.
- "Mobile Prepaid, Broadband, Postpaid Mobile, DTH Services in India: Airtel". Bhartiairtel.in. Retrieved 12 August 2010.
- "Bharti Airtel launches DTH service". The Financial Express. 7 October 2008. Retrieved 12 August 2010.
- Airtel digital TV adds more HD channels « Best Media Info, News and Analysis on Indian Advertising, Marketing and Media Industry
- Also Read. http://www.airtel.in/wps/wcm/connect/dbc7e723-5bef-4911-856d-5dca84b1bbe2/Bharti-Airtel-Limited_Quarterly-Report_December-31-2013.pdf?MOD=AJPERES. Missing or empty
- "Now enjoy the magic of HD on airtel digital TV's 3D ready HD Recorder!".
- "Airtel Digital TV HD Users to Get Free Upscaled SD Channels < Televisions, HDTV, Technology < PC World India News < PC World.in". Pcworld.in. 24 May 2011. Retrieved 19 August 2013.