From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Airy (disambiguation))
|Look up airy in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Airy may refer to:
- Sir George Biddell Airy (1801–1892), British Astronomer Royal from 1835 to 1881, for whom the following features, phenomena, and theories are named:
- Airy (lunar crater)
- Airy (Martian crater)
- Airy-0, a smaller crater within the previous one on Mars, and which defines the prime meridian of the planet
- Airy wave theory, a linear theory describing the propagation of "gravity waves" on the surface of a fluid
- Airy disk, a diffraction pattern in optics
- Airy beam, a non-spreading, transversely accelerating optical wavepacket
- Airy function, a mathematical function
- Airy points, support points chosen to minimize the distortion of the length of a physical standard (such as the International Prototype Meter)
- Anna Airy (1882–1964), British artist
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.