Ajapnyak district and the statue of Kevork Chavush
Ajapnyak district shown in red
|• Mayor of District||Artavazd Sargsyan|
|• Total||25 km2 (10 sq mi)|
|Population (2011 est.)|
Its name, literally "right bank", refers to its location on the right bank of Hrazdan River. The administrative district of Ajapnyak has common borders with the districts of Arabkir, Davtashen, Kentron, and Malatia-Sebastia. On the outer border it is adjacent to Armavir, Aragatsotn and Kotayk provinces.
The district lies on the right bank of Hrazdan River, thus securing its connection with the rest of Yerevan through the Great Bridge of Hrazdan. It is divided into a group of smaller neighborhoods: Ajapnyak block, Norashen, Nazarbekyan, Silikyan, Lukashin, Vahagni, Anastasavan and Cheryomushki.
The district is home to the Armenia Republican Medical Centre, the largest hospital in Yerevan. The "Shant" ice cream factory is located in Ajapnyak as well.
Streets and landmarks
- Kevork Chavush street.
- Halabyan street.
- Zovuni street.
- Movses Silikyan old highway.
- Movses Silikyan new highway.
- Ashtarak Highway.
- Tumanyan Park.
- Buenos Aires Park.
- Tumo Center for Creative Technologies.
- Yerevan Physics Institute.
- Ararat Golf and Country Club: located at the Vahagni neighbourhood of Ajapnyak district.
- Ajapnyak District at GEOnet Names Server
- Report of the results of the 2001 Armenian Census, National Statistical Service of the Republic of Armenia