Ajay Singh Chautala
|Ajay Singh Chautala|
|Member of the Vidhan Sabha from Haryana|
|Member of the Indian Parliament
1999 – February 2004
March 13, 1961 |
Chautala, Sirsa District, Haryana, India
|Political party||Indian National Lok Dal http://inld.in|
|Spouse(s)||Nayna Singh Chautala|
|Residence||Sirsa District, Haryana|
|Alma mater||Kurukshetra University|
Ajay Singh Chautala (born 13 March 1961) is a politician from Indian National Lok Dal party and a former Member of Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha representing Haryana, the upper and lower house of the Indian Parliament. Currently[when?] he is serving as MLA in Haryana assembly representing Dabwali constituency.
Ajay Singh Chautala is a son of Om Prakash Chautala, a former Chief Minister of Haryana, and a grandson of Chaudhari Devi Lal, a former deputy prime minister of India. He did his B.A. from Kurukshetra University, M.A. (Public Administration) and LL.B. from Rajasthan University. He joined active politics in 1980s, became MLA from Rajasthan twice: first from Data Ram Garh (1989) and then from Nauhar (1993).
Ajay became member of Parliament from Bhiwani Constituency in 1999. He is currently Member of Legislative Assembly from Dabwali in Haryana as he defeated Dr K.V.Singh by more than 12,000 votes. Earlier he was elected as Rajya Sabha member from Haryana (Member of Parliament)). His brother Abhay Singh Chautala was elected President of the Indian Olympic Association on 30/11/2012.
The New Delhi court had sentenced Ajay Singh Chautala and his father Om Prakash Chautala for ten years imprisonment under various provisions of the IPC and the Prevention of Corruption Act on the 22nd of January 2013.  CBI probe was ordered by Supreme Court during NDA regime led by Atal Bihari Vajpayee. The CBI had on June 6, 2008, chargesheeted him and 53 others in connection with the scam relating to appointment of 3,206 junior basic teachers in the state of Haryana during 1999-2000. On January 16, 2013 he was convicted by a Delhi court for illegal recruitment of over 3000 teachers. Soon after this, he and his father Om Prakash Chautala were immediately taken into police custody.
- Member's Web Site. Parliament of India. Retrieved on 2008-03-19.
- Parliament Member Details. Haryana Vidhan Sabha. Retrieved on 2008-03-19.
- Biographical Sketch, Member of Parliament, 13th Lok Sabha. Parliament of India. Retrieved on 2008-03-19
- Kattakayam, Jiby (2013-01-23). "Chautala, son jailed for 10 years". Chennai, India: The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-01-23.
- TNN (16 January 2013). "Recruitment scam: Ex-Haryana CM Om Prakash Chautala convicted, arrested". Times Of India. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- CNN-IBN. 16 January 2013 http://ibnlive.in.com/news/former-haryana-cm-chautala-his-son-53-others-convicted-in-teachers-recruitment-scam/316028-37-64.html
|url=missing title (help). Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- Indian Express http://www.indianexpress.com/news/om-prakash-chautala-rise-fall-rise-and-downfall/1062743/
|url=missing title (help).
- Official website of Indian National Lok Dal
- Official Twitter page of Dr. Ajay Singh Chautala
- Official Facebook Page of Dr. Ajay Singh Chautala
- Ajay Singh Chautala