Ajay Singh Chautala
|Ajay Singh Chautala|
|Member of the Vidhan Sabha from Mandi Dabwali|
|Member of the Indian Parliament
1999 – February 2004
March 13, 1961 |
Chautala, Sirsa District, Haryana, India
|Political party||Indian National Lok Dal http://inld4u.com|
|Spouse(s)||Nayna Singh Chautala|
|Children||Dushyant Chautala, Digvijay Chautala|
|Residence||Sirsa District, Haryana|
|Alma mater||Kurukshetra University|
Dr Ajay Singh Chautala (Hindi: डॉ अजय सिंह चौटाला) (born 13 March 1961) is a politician from Indian National Lok Dal party and a former Member of Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha representing Haryana, the upper and lower house of the Indian Parliament. Currently[when?] he is serving as MLA in Haryana assembly representing Dabwali constituency.
Ajay Singh Chautala is a son of Om Prakash Chautala, a former Chief Minister of Haryana, and a grandson of Chaudhari Devi Lal, a former deputy prime minister of India. He has two sons Dushyant Chautala ( Youngest MP, Hisar Haryana 16th Lok Sabha) and Digvijay Chautala ( National President INSO ). He did his B.A. from Kurukshetra University, M.A. (Public Administration) and LL.B. from Rajasthan University. He joined active politics in 1980s, became MLA from Rajasthan twice: first from Data Ram Garh (1989) and then from Nohar (1993).
Ajay became member of Parliament from Bhiwani Constituency in 1999. He is currently Member of Legislative Assembly from Dabwali in Haryana as he defeated Dr K.V.Singh by more than 12,000 votes. Earlier he was elected as Rajya Sabha member from Haryana (Member of Parliament)). His brother Abhay Singh Chautala was elected President of the Indian Olympic Association on 30/11/2012.
In June 2008 Chautala and 53 others were charged in connection with the appointment of 3,206 junior basic teachers in the state of Haryana during 1999-2000.In January 2013 a New Delhi court sentenced Chautala and his father Om Prakash Chautala to ten years imprisonment under various provisions of the IPC and the Prevention of Corruption Act. Chautala was found guilty of illegally recruiting over 3000 teachers. A CBI investigation was ordered by the Supreme Court during NDA regime led by Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
On July 11 2014 the New Delhi High court reserved its verdict in regards to the appeal by Chautala.
- Member's Web Site. Parliament of India. Retrieved on 2008-03-19.
- Singh, Raj Pal (1988). Devi Lal, the man of the masses. Veenu Printers and Publications. p. 3.
- "The Jat patriarch". Frontline 18 (9). April 28 – May 11, 2001. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "In another scion rise, Dushyant comes out of dad Ajays shadow to lead INLD". The Indian Express. 11 April 2014. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "Elections 2014: Dushyant Chautala of INLD takes lead over HJC president Kuldeep Bishnoi". The Economic Times. 16 May 2014. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "INSO Makes it to Guinness Book of World Records". The Indian Express. 1 December 2013. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "MOST PEOPLE TO SIGN UP AS ORGAN DONORS - EIGHT HOURS". Guinness World Records. 16 December 2013. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- Parliament Member Details. Haryana Vidhan Sabha. Retrieved on 2008-03-19.
- Biographical Sketch, Member of Parliament, 13th Lok Sabha. Parliament of India. Retrieved on 2008-03-19
- "Former Haryana CM Chautala, his son, 53 others convicted in teachers' recruitment scam". CNN-IBN. 16 January 2013. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- Kattakayam, Jiby (2013-01-23). "Chautala, son jailed for 10 years". Chennai, India: The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-01-23.
- TNN (16 January 2013). "Recruitment scam: Ex-Haryana CM Om Prakash Chautala convicted, arrested". Times Of India. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- TNN (14 July 2014). "Recruitment scam; High Court reserves verdict on appeals of Om Prakash Chautala". Times Of India. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- Official website of Indian National Lok Dal
- Official Twitter page of Dr. Ajay Singh Chautala
- Official Facebook Page of Dr. Ajay Singh Chautala
- Ajay Singh Chautala