|Named for||Satinder pal Singh Sandhu is new Sarpanch 2013|
|• Official||Punjabi (Gurmukhi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Ajiwal (Punjabi: ਅਜੀਤਵਾਲ਼ is a village, situated on the National Highway no. 95 (Ferozepur - Ludhiana road), in the tehsil and district of Moga in Eastern Punjab (India). It is 16 km away from Moga and 14 km away from Jagraon. As of 6 January 2012[update], Mrs. Jaswinder Kaur is the present Sarpanch of the village.
The village was founded by a Muslim prince and his family; Ajit Khan.
The village was called as Jittwal during the rule of Maharaja Ranjit Singh. It was established as a thciehed by two brothers named Bhai Karam Chand & Bhai Sahib Chand. They were of very Pious and Saintly nature. God gave them spiritual healing power. People started visiting them and paying respect. Once a Carvan of Maharaja Ranjit Singh's relatives was passing when a lady fell ill. Since there was no Vaid/Hakim (English: Doctor) was available and sick lady was brought to Bhai Karam Chand. Bhai Karam Chand offered a Pircle of Jittwal earth and lady was cared with this miracle. People started honoring and worship with the passage of the next generations of these two godly brothers were looked after very nicely the people. In the last-years of 21st century a beautiful Gurudwara Sahib has been constructed in their memory at place where their Samadh was existing. Because of this Gurudwara Sahib has been named as Gurudawara Dera Baba Simadhan, people now worship at here. The next generation of baba Bhai Karam Chand & Sahib Chand is called by the name, "Bhai Ke".
A large population of this village consists of people belonging to the Maan clan of Jatts. The Maans are known as Bhai Ke. The other Jatt people of Sandhu and Sidhu clan can also be found in a substantial number with the Ghatoura clan of Ramgarhia caste. They are playing an important for the development of the village. Sandhu clan of Jatts and Ghatoura clan of Ramgaria migrated from nearby village, Kapoore.
- Late S. Gurcharan Singh Ghatoura was the first Ramgarhia Sarpanch of the village.
- Late Col. Bhupinder Singh Ghatoura was the first person of the village to get commission in Indian Army.
- Sqd. Leader G.S. Gill of this village laid down his life serving Indian Airforce.
- Dr. Gurmail Singh (U.S.A.) is the first person of the village to get Ph.D. in faculty of Psychology.
- Dr. Gurmit Singh Ghatoura is the first person of the village to get Ph.D. in faculty of Education and becoming Assist. Prof. in Education College after passing the National Eligibility Test (U.G.C.).
The all Common facilities Have in this town include:-
- The Big Telephone Exchange (BSNL) operates 3 major villages, Kokri, Kili Chahlan, Kokri Phula Singh and Ajitwal as well.
- Hospital with Medical store's
- Grain Market
- Railway Station (providing link to city Ludhiana, Ferozpur, Moga and Jagraon)
- NH95 Highway (provide a better and fast link to the nearby cities)