(See other stations in Fukushima)
|Neighborhood etc.||Aza Akaiwa, Ōzasō|
|Line(s)||Ōu Main Line|
|Statistics||6 passengers/day (FY2000)|
|There are no bus services at this station|
Akaiwa Station is served by the Ōu Main Line (Yamagata Line).
The station is normally served by six services in each direction daily, but from December 2012, no trains stop at this station during the winter period (December 2012 to 25 March 2013).
The station is unstaffed and consists of an island platform serving two tracks. The platform is accessed via a level crossing.
|Ōu Main Line|
Akaiwa Station opened on 13 October 1910.
- "各駅情報（赤岩駅）" [Station Information: Akaiwa Station] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "奥羽・山田線駅を冬季休止へ" [Ou & Yamada Line stations to be closed during winter season]. Japan Railfan Magazine (Japan: Kōyūsha Co., Ltd.) 53 (622): p.163. February 2013.
- 日本国有鉄道停車場一覧 [JNR Station Directory]. Japan: Japanese National Railways. 1985. p. 126. ISBN 4-533-00503-9.
- "奥羽本線 赤岩駅冬期間の普通列車通過についてのお知らせ" [Notice of non-stopping trains at Akaiwa Station during winter period]. Press release (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company Sendai Division. 15 November 2012. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stations of Ōu Main Line.|
- Akaiwa Station information (JR East) (Japanese)