Construction began in February 2005 and the buildings were completed in January 2008. akasaka Sacas was opened on March 20, 2008, following Akasaka Biz Tower Shops&Dining. It was created for the recreation of the area around the TBS station. Following the creation of TBS broadcasting center in 1994, the akasaka Sacas project was finally completed after 17 years for the 40th anniversary in 1991. "Sacas Opening Fes" was held from March 20 until April 4, 2008.
"Sacas" (Sakasu (咲かす)) means letting the cherry blossoms bloom, and also means lots of hills (Japanese for hill, Saka (坂), plus s). Also, when "akasaka Sacas" is written backwards, it becomes "Saca, Saka, Saka" (three hills). This naming was done purposely.
Facilities and buildings
- TBS Broadcasting Center
- the headquarters of Tokyo Broadcasting System Holdings, Inc. (TBS HD)
- the headquarters and studio of Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. (TBS)
- the headquarters and studio of TBS Radio & Communications, Inc. (TBS Radio)
- the headquarters and studio of BS-TBS, Inc.
- the headquarters and studio of C-TBS, Inc.
- Sacas Hiroba (Sacas広場)
- Akasaka Biz Tower
- Akasaka BLITZ (operated by Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc.)
- Akasaka ACT Theater (operated by Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc.)
- Akasaka The Residence
- "About akasaka Sacas" (in Japanese). Archived from the original on 10 June 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-28.
- ""akasaka Sacas" – The Brand New Attraction in Akasaka - Completion of "Akasaka Biz Tower", "Akasaka ACT Theater", "Akasaka BLITZ", "Akasaka The Residence"". 2008-01-31. Retrieved 2008-08-21.
- ""akasaka Sacas" – The Newest Redevelopment District at Akasaka - 46 shops gather together at "Akasaka Biz Tower SHOPS & DINING" to welcome the Opening on Thursday, March 6, 2008". 2007-12-07. Retrieved 2008-08-21.
- "「赤坂サカス」開業へ－商業施設46店、ライブハウスや劇場も" (in Japanese). Roppongi Keizai Shimbun. 2008-03-04. Archived from the original on 17 September 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-21.
- "赤坂サカス グランドオープン" (in Japanese). Sankei News. 2008-03-20. Archived from the original on 2008-03-24. Retrieved 2008-08-21.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to akasaka Sacas.|