|Native name||大地 丙太郎|
|Born||January 13, 1956|
|Occupation||Anime director, producer, photography director|
Akitaro Daichi is a native of Gunma Prefecture and a graduate of Tokyo Polytechnic University. He originally aspired to be a stage photographer, but entered the employ of Tokyo Animation Film, an anime photography company.
His first work in the industry was as photography director for the Doraemon movie History of Nobita's Outer Space Trailblazing (ドラえもん のび太の宇宙開拓史).
After five years, Daichi changed jobs and worked for a video production company making karaoke videos among other things, but he later returned to the anime industry and focused on direction.
- Akazukin Chacha (1994)
- Nurse Angel Ririka SOS (1995)
- Elf Princess Rane (1995)
- Magic School Lunar: Secret of the Blue Dragon (1996)
- Kodomo no Omocha (Kodocha: Sana's Stage) (1996–1998)
- Ojarumaru (1998)
- Sexy Commando Gaiden: Sugoiyo! Masaru-san (1998)
- Jubei-chan (1999)
- Now and Then, Here and There (1999)
- Tsukikage Ran (2000)
- Fruits Basket (2001)
- Animation Runner Kuromi (2001)
- ATASHIn'CHI (2002)
- Animation Runner Kuromi 2 (2004)
- Makasete Iruka! (Grrl Power!) (2004)
- Jubei-chan 2 (2004)
- Legendz (2004)
- Gyagu Manga Biyori (2005)
- Bokura ga Ita (2006)
- Poyopoyo Kansatsu Nikki (2012)
- Kamisama Hajimemashita (2012-2015)
- DD Fist of the North Star (2013)
- "Kamisama Kiss and Ikki Tousen: Xtreme Xecutor Released Monday". Anime News Network. 2014-07-13. Retrieved 2014-08-31.
- Daichi's homepage (Japanese)
- Akitaro Daichi at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- Daichi at AnimeNEXT 2005 convention
|This article about one or more people who work in the anime industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|