|Elevation||309 m (1,014 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Aklera is a city and a municipality in Jhalawar district in the state of Rajasthan, India. It has a rock-strewn, scrub-covered terrain, occasionally bright with fields of poppies and citrus-green groves of oranges. Lying in the south-eastern region of Rajasthan at the edge of the Malwa plateau, Aklera area has rocky but water-laden verdant landscape, unlike much of Rajasthan.
The city of Aklera is situated in the south-eastern region of Rajasthan, a region widely known as Hadoti (Hadavati), the land of Hadas. The Hadas are a major branch of the great Chauhan clan of Agnikula Rajputs.
In the 12th century A.D., Hada Rao Deva conquered this territory and founded Bundi state and Hadauti. Later in the early 17th century A. D. during the reign of Mughal emperor Jahangir, the Ruler of Bundi, Rao Ratan Singh gave the smaller principality of Kota to his son, Madho Singh, but when Sahajahan became the emperor, he issued a Farmaan in the name of Madho Singh, recognizing as him the King of Kota. The domain of the Hadas of Bundi and Kota extended from the hills of Bundi in the west to the Malwa plateau in the east, with a similar expense from north to south.
The State of Jhalawar was founded on 8 April 1838, out of the Kota territory. Jhalawar state got rise as a result of a treaty between English rulers, Kota state, and Malwa state.
At the border of Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh, nudging its fat belly into neighboring MP is this fascinating place - Aklera. Aklera is located at . It has an average elevation of 1,013 feet (309 m).
- Nearby Airports (200 miles): Bhopal(BHO, 92.6476 miles), Indore(IDR, 123.35 miles), Gwalior(GWL, 151.108 miles), Jaipur(JAI, 177.505 miles), Khajuraho(HJR, 180.542 miles)
Aklera area is an expanse of fertile plain having rich black-cotton soil. It is watered by several rivers, giving it a verdant look. Parvan, Chapi etc.
The climate of the area is very much similar to that of the Indo-Gangatic plain, with hot dry summer and delightfully cold winters. The monsoon is, however, quite unlike and very distinct from the oppressive humid climate of the North India plains. Aklera's district (Jhalawar district) is known for the highest rainfall in the Rajasthan state. An average of 35 inches of rainfall keeps it cool, and gentle breezes ward off the stifling humidity.
- Summer : 47.0 °C (Max), 32.5 °C (Min)
- Winter : 32.5 °C (Max), 9.5 °C (Min)
- Average Rainfall : 943 mm (Per Year)
- Best Season to travel : September - March
As of 2001[update] India census, Aklera had a population of 18,172. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Aklera has an average literacy rate of 61%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 62% of the males and 38% of females literate. 17% of the population is under 6 years of age.
On national highway A big temple RAM Mandir is situated. Annakut Ceremony celebrated every year in this temple.
On the banks of Parwan river are ruins of an old township with a huge idol of Lord Ganesh and an 8th-century Shivlinga. The temple ruins are worth a visit. This place can be approached from Khanpur by a road running from it to Aklera. Midway at a distance of 20 km, tourists find a well-furnished Dak-Bunglow at Taraj village which was a noted game-preserve of former Kota rulers. At a distance of 10 km from here stands the famous ruins of old temples dedicated to various deities of Hindu and Jain people. Officially Kakuni is in Baran district whereas Bhimgarh is in Jhalawar district.
A place of antiquity streamed with beautifully carved pillars, torans and some erotic figures in the ruins of temples scattered over an area of 2 km. It stands on the bank of river Chhapi where an irrigation dam is under construction. Dense green forests with lush foliage add to the natural beauty of the spot.
Situated near the town Khanpur, this 17th-century Jain Temple is known for its architectural splendor and religious value. It has a 6 feet tall Lord Adinath statue in the sitting position. Accommodation and meals are available in the temple area at a reasonable price 45 km from aklera.
On the southern fringe of Jhalawar and Rajasthan lies an ancient Jain Temple of Lord Parshwanath. Marble temple is constructed out of the religious endowments by the pious Jain Community of Malwa (M.P.), Maharashtra, Gujrat. An important Jain pilgrimage spot with a 1000-year old Parshwanath statue. Excellent accommodation and meals at dharamshala.
Economy is based on agriculture in area. This area is known for the highest rainfall in the Rajasthan state. This rain is very helpful for the farmers of the region. Besides this satisfying rainfall, district has a lot of irrigation dams, ponds, and medium scale projects, that are serving according to the needs of farmers.
Discrict area of Aklera, Jhalawar is also known for the Production of Citrus (Oranges). The area around Bhawani Mandi has the distinction of being an important place on the International and National Citrus (Naarangi) fruit map. Orange-laden orchards provide a tempting sight. Citrus produced in Jhalawar region are of export-quality, and are exported to various foreign countries. Citrus-belt is spread around the Bhawani Mandi, Jhalawar and Pirawa sub-divisions.
Agricultural Information of Area
Total land area (irrigated) : 60% Total land area (non-irrigated) : 40%
Major crops of the region KHARIF Soya Bean : Pulses : Jowar : Maize :
RABI Wheat : Mustard : Grain : Coriander :
- GOUR EDUCATION GROUP, Kharpa Road Aklera, ITI, Fire&safety,
- Tagore College, Aklara
- Millennium TT College, Aklera
- Vijayaraje Mahila TT College, Aklera
- Mahatma Gandhi College of Nursing,Aklera
- Nirogdham School of Nursing
Furthermore, the following schools of varying educational levels are located in Aklera:
- The Study International School.
- Government Higher Secondary School, near SDM office.
- Govt Girls Higher Secondary School
- Govt Middle School
- Govt Girls Middle School
- Gurukul Education Academy
- Adrash Bal Vidya Mandir
- Tilak public school
- Seedling School
- Royal Secondary School,Aklera
- Modern School
- Mother Teresa
- New Nalanda Sr.Sec.School
- Tagore Public School,Bhopal Road
- Meera Children School
- NAV-PALLAVAN School.
- Shiv Jyoti middle school, Salpura Road, Aklera
- Meera children school
- govt. primary school basodia,(nearest aklera)
- ITI GOUR EDUCATION GROUP, Kharpa Road Aklera, ITI, Fire&safety
Manohar Thana is as good as its name which means "Beautiful Outpost". It is a well-walled town with a strong fort. The fort commands the meeting place of two rivers Parvan and Kaalikhad. The fort has a double fortification outer wall and battlements, inside which runs another circle of walls and battlements. A good Dak-Bunglow is lately constructed here in the fort with good plantation around. Manohar Thana was a principal seat of Bhil kings who were supplanted by Hada Rajputs of Bundi. This fort in the tribal area of Manohar Thana once occupied an important strategic position.
The oldest rock inscription of the area was found here. The fort and some marvellously built temples are worth a visit.
The following is a list of hospitals and other medical facilities located in Aklera:
- Gaurav Medicos, Teen Batti Circle.
- Gaurav pharma, prem vihar colony.
- Life Line Hospital - Inside city area, Main road aklera.
- Govt Hospital - On Bhopal Road
- Dispensary - Opposite tahsil
- Dr.S.K.PARIK,prem vihar colony, aklera.
- Dr. Nitendra Sharma (M.B.B.S), Adarsh Nagar, Aklera
- Dr. Manjri Sharma (M.B.B.S), Adarsh Nagar, Aklera
- Nirogdham Hospital & Research Centre, Near Bus Stand, Aklera.
- Sshafin Hospital & Research Center, N.H-12 AKLERA.
- Parashar Medicals, Bus Stand
- Sanjeevani Medicos, Bus Stand
- Nagar Medicals, Near Tahsil
- Kanchan Medical Store, Ramdwara
- Vishnu Medicals, Near Old Bus-Stand
- DD Diagnosis, Ramdwara
- Parashar Diagnosis, Near Tahsil
- Hari Vasant Medical, Bhopal Road
- Sshafin Sonography, N.H.- 12, Aklera
- Dr. Suhail Jafri
Business and industries
Some notable business
- MY Computer Aklera Oposite SBBJ Bank Nirogdham gali
- Noble Dehydrates: Manufacturers and exporters of all types of dehydrated grlic flakes, powder, churi, dehydrated carrot, dehydrated tomato flakes, dehydrated onion flakes, dehydrated potato flakes etc.For more details, visit: www.nobledehydrates.com
- MY Computer Aklera Oposite SBBJ Bank Nirogdham gali
- B. Vishal & Co. - CA. Piyush Garg, Near Tehsil, Aklera
- Shree zerox & computer jobwork & Internet
- Gourav general store,Aklera
- Shree krishna offset, Aklera
- Gupta General Store, Aklera
- Gupta Mobile point, Aklera
- Goutam Computer's, Aklera
- My Computer Aklera
- Dehli Photo studio, Near old Bus stand, Aklera
- Shree Radhe Automobile Parts, Aklera
- Krishna General Store, Bus stand, Aklera
Hotel & Restaurent
- Ashirwad Lodge, New Bus Stand Aklera
- Shukhvikar Guest House, Aklera
- Pooja Lodge,New Bus Stand,Aklera
- P.M.B. New Bus Stand Aklera
- B.M.B. Teen batti Aklera
- Chaurasia Sweet Centre, New Bus Stand, Aklera
- Chetna Restaurant.