|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010)|
|• Body||Akluj gram panchayat|
|• Total||80,000 approx.|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||area code +912185|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Madha loksabha constituency|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Malshiras vidhansabha constituency|
|Civic agency||Akluj Grampanchayat|
|Climate||Mean annual temperature 36°C, Mean annual rainfal 450 mm|
Akluj is politically, historically and economically very strong place in Solapur district. It has good background of sugar industries and trading activities. It is agriculturally rich. It is Richest Grampanchayat in Asia. Also is it one of the largest Grampanchayat in Maharashtra. Hon Ex Deputy CM of Maharashtra Shri.
The name Akluj is believed to be derived from ‘Shri Akalai Devi’ which is Gram Daiwat of Akluj. In Moghal period it was also known as Asadnagar. We can see the land fort in Akluj. It was built by Yadav king Raja Singhan in 13th centuary. Evidence shows that, after Yadavas it was ruled by Mughals and Britishers. Aurangjeb’s Subhedar for south named Bahaddurkhan appointed Shaikh Ali as a chief official of the Akluj fort in 1673 and Ranmastkhan was appointed as a chief Thanedar in 1675. Evidences also shows that in 1679 Dilerkhan and Chhatrpati Sambhaji Maharaj stayed in the fort of Akluj for 4 months. Bajirao Peshwa II was also stayed for three months in this fort, when he was dismissed from Peshwai by Britishers in 1802. When Maharaja Sambhaji was trapped by Mughals in 1689, Mughal Sardar traveled through Akluj. All these incident shows that from medivial period, Akluj was important & famous as historical place.
Akluj is situated in Malshiras tahasil and 115 km away from Solapur city. It is located on the right bank of Nira River. The height of Akluj is 551 m from the MSL.
The Latitude 17.9000 longitude 75.0333 Altitude (feet) 1581 Lat (DMS) north 17° 53' 60 N Long (DMS) east 75° 1' 60E Altitude (meters) 481
The Akluj is a part of Deccan plateau so its area is flat. In general the climate of Akluj is suitable for farming and is characterized by three seasons namely summer, winter and rainy. The special characteristic of climate of the Akluj is dry except during the monsoon season. The mean annual temperature of Akluj is 36°C. Month of May is generally hottest (up to 42°C) month of the year. The mean annual rainfall at Akluj is 450 mm
Current Population of akluj is 80,000 Approx. (2009) The Population of Akluj in 1971 was 40,278 (As per Census 1971)
- Solapur Airport (120 km)
- Karad Airport (100 km)
- Pune Airport (175 km)
Nearby Railway Stations
- Kurduvadi Jn (50 km)
- Pandharpur (45 km)
- Baramati (75 km)
- Sangola (60 km)
- Lonand (100 km)
- Solapur (120 km)
Places to visit, near Akluj
(Distances from MSRTC bus Station)
- Akluj Fort, Shiv shrusthi (1.5 km)
- Shri Akalai Devi temple (2.0 km)
- Sugar Factory (2.5 km)
- Sayajiraje Water Park (3.0 km)
- Anandi Ganesh & Shiva Temple (5.0 km)
- Ganesh Temple, Ganeshgaon (7.0 km)
- Shivamrut Dairy & Garden-Vizori (8.0 km)
- Yamai Temple, Mahalung (8.0 km)
- Ardhnarinateswar Temple, Velapur (11.0 km)
- Sibhanath Temple, Borgaon (12.0 km)
- Nrusinha Temple (Tembhurni Road) (18.0 km)
- Ujani Dam, NH-9 (40.0 km) Via Indapur & (38.0 km) Via Tembhurni
- Jain Temple, Dahigaon (43.0 km) & (10.0 km) from Natepute
- Vitthal-Rukmini Temple, Pandharpur (45.0 km)
- Gupthling Temple, Singnapur (56.0 km)
Akluj’s political atmosphere has always been very active revolved around One prominent political Family 'MOHITE PATILS'. Late Shree Shankarao Mohite Patil (Ex. MLA)started with social Politics. After him Shree. Vijaysinh Shankarao Mohite Patil, MLA (Ex. Deputy Chief Minister,Maharashtra ) entered in to politics and provided fundamental infrastructure and solved the major problems like Electricity, Roads and Irrigation. Another Powerful political leaders from His Family are shree. Pratapsinh Shankarao Mohite Patil , (Ex. Member of Parliament, ex. State Minister) Jaisinh Shankarao Mohite Patil. And from Third generation Ranjitsinh Vijaysinh Mohite Patil(Ex. Member of Parliament), Dhairyasheel Rajsinh Mohite Patil, Dhavalsinh Pratapsinh Mohite Patil.
- Sugar Factories (ShankarNagar, Sadashivnagar, Malinagar, Shripur, Chandapuri)
- Milk dairy & bi-Products (Shivamrut-2nd largest Co-operative Dairy in Maharashtra)
- Dhaval Pratapsinh Mohite-Patil Agro Ind Ltd. Dhavalnagar
- Rajhans Poultry Farm.
- Ecoboard Industries Limited, Velapur, Maharashtra
- Fratelli Wines Pvt. Ltd. Akluj (Zanjewadi) 
- Greenfingers IT Solution Pvt.Ltd. Akluj
Famous Personalities from Akluj
- Late. Shri. Shankarrao Mohite-Patil [Ex. MLA]
- Shri. VijaySinh Shankarrao Mohite-Patil [Ex. Deputy CM Of Maharashtra, Ex Minister of PWD, Tourism]
- Shri. Jaysinh Shankarrao Mohite-Patil
- Shri. Pratapsinh Shankarrao Mohite-Patil [Ex. Member of parliament, Loksabha, Ex. State Minister]
- Shri. Ranjitsinh VijaySinh Mohite-Patil [Ex. Member of Parliament, Rajyasabha]
- Shri. Dhairyasheel RajSinh Mohite-Patil [ Member of Zilla Parishad, Solapur]
- Shri. Kishorsinh Mane-Patil [Former Sarpanch and Member Grampanchyat Akluj]
Akluj has almost all type of well known educational institutions. Which includes, Engineering, Pharmacy, Education (D.Ed & B.Ed), Agri, I.T.I., English medium schools and also colleges of arts, science, Computer,Management,Nursing & commerce educations. Few of them are mentioned below
1. Shankarrao Mohite-Patil Mahavidhyalaya, Malevadi
2. Sadashivrao Mane Vidyalaya, Akluj
3. Green-Fingers English Medium School
4. Shankarrao Mohite-Patil college of Engineering
5. Vijaysinh Mohite-Patil College of Nursing.
6. Rajsinh Mohite-Patil Institute of Management Studies.
7. Green-fingers Collage of Computer & Technology.
8. Vijaysinh Mohite-Patil English Medium D.Ted College.
9. Ratnai college of Agriculture
10.Shankarrao Mohite-Patil English Medium School.
11. Maharshi Shankarrao Mohite Prashala.
12. Akluj Night School.
13. Shrimati Ratnaprabhadevi Mohite-Patil Home Science.
14. Collage of Pharmacy.(B. Pharmacy & D. Pharmacy)
15. Sahakar Maharshi Shankarrao Mohite-Patil Institute of Technology and Research
Villages/Cities near Akluj
- Shankarnagar (3.00 km)
- Malinagar (4.0 km)
- Khandali (6 km)
- Bawada (9.5 km)
- Shreepur (11.0 km)
- Velapur (11.5 km)
- Borgaon (12.0 km)
- Malshiras (13.5 km)
- Piliv (27.0 km)
- Indapur (28.5 km)
- Tembhurni (29.0 km)
- Natepute (31.0 km)
- Walchandnagar (35.0 km)
- Pandharpur (44.0 km)
- Solapur (115.0 km)
- Pune (170.0 km)
Lavani mahotsav is one of the major attraction of Akluj. The lavani mahotsav being held every year in the month of December or January to Promote the culture of Maharashtra and entertain people. The quality of this Lavani mahotsav is nowhere seen in any part of Maharashtra.
- "History brought to life through sculptures in Akluj". Oneindia. 16 June 2008. Archived from the original on 20 May 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-06.
- "Akluj". Solapur district Gazetteer. The Gazetteers Department, Government of Maharashtra. Retrieved 2010-08-15.