Akosha.com is an Indian consumer awareness and complaints website which helps Indian customers in resolving their problems with companies. The website has created an alternative complaint clearing house where consumers and brands are able to amicably resolve their complaints.
The website also claims to help consumers in approaching the District Consumer Forums set up under the Indian Consumer Protection Act,1986. Proceedings before a District Consumer Forum can typically take 6–12 months to achieve an outcome.
"Companies like Akosha are providing service to disgruntled consumers by taking up their grievances with companies for free". "Customers provide details of their complaint. If it is valid, Akosha takes the case and works out a solution.". "Solving consumer complaints is a full-time job and Akosha takes on the task for their customers." and "Akosha assures customers that they will save on time, effort and retain peace of mind.".
Akosha Telecom Survey
The mess of telecom complaints in India: A Comprehensive Review
Key findings of the Akosha Telecom Complaints Survey 2011 were:
- Over 44% of the District Consumer Forums in India do not have a functional telephone number or helpdesk. It is very difficult for customers to seek information and approach these district consumer forums.
- Of the 36 District Consumer Forums we were able to get through to out of the 66 highest volume Consumer Forums, 33% District Consumer Forums are either completely rejecting complaints against telecom companies or were non committal on whether they take up such cases.
- The rest of the District Consumer Forums (especially in Western India) were accepting complaints against telecom companies.
- There is a lot of contradiction sometimes within the same State. In Delhi, for example, while 5 District Forums said they accept telecom complaints, 3 said they did not, and another 2 said that they are not sure.
- "About". Akosha.
- "About". Akosha's meaning.
- Puja Banta. "How this startup simplifies law for the common man!". Rediff Business.
- "No nonsense guide for consumer". Akosha.
- "Consumer Complaints becomes a business". Sunday Guardian, Retrieved November 2011.
- "That new Law Firm". Outlook Business, November 2011.
- "Uncomplicated Legal Eagles". Live Mint, July 2011.
- "Your Call is Important to us". Times of India's Crest, July 2011.
- "The Mess of Telecom Complaints in India a Comprehensive Review". Info.akosha.com.
- "Ringing Out Trouble". Outlook Money.
- "The Morpheus Gang". The Morpheus Portfolio.
- "India's Akosha Takes $5.2M From Sequoia for Customer Feedback Service". Dow Jones. 3 Jul 2014. Retrieved 7 Jul 2014.