|Genres||EDM, IDM, Downtempo, World|
|Labels||Sony Music India, Universal Music Group, Armada Music, Black Hole Recordings, Contrabass, Rebirth, Indian Electronica, Punarnava, Mp3.com|
Akshai Sarin (a.k.a. ax/ai, Rebirth of DuB, Dj AX) is an Indian composer, producer, performer, and DJ. He has expanded his participation in music to starting a record label Rebirth and 360 degree music management through his AXYZ Music International (pronounced "axis") group of companies. He is also the founder of The TiLT Festival which has featured international DJs Ferry Corsten and Arno Cost on the lineup. An Indian citizen, he has also lived in the Philippines, United States, Egypt, and the UK. He is now conceptualizing energy-drink and lifestyle brand Red Bull's Culture Program for India.
- 1 Music Career & Biography
- 2 London Olympics
- 3 Journalist and Industry Speaker
- 4 Business Ventures
- 5 Discography
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Music Career & Biography
Akshai got his first keyboard at age 8, began training on the tabla at 11, and was experimenting with new sounds and making his own turntables and mixer at the age of 14. By the time he turned 16, Akshai was composing songs for his first album Soundscapes. When Sarin was 19, an animated video using his music was nominated for an award at the Flash Film Festival, Barcelona.
Sarin's notable early works include his collaboration titled "Anoni" with Israeli DJ Yahel and remix of "Suraj Hua Madham" which appears on Klub K3G, an album of remixes of music from the soundtrack of Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham; the song also appears on the soundtrack of Karan Johar's 2005 film Kaal. His self-released tracks have also received airplay on BBC Radio 1's Alternative Asia and the BBC Asian Network.
In 2005, Akshai performed at Glastonbury Festival.
In 2006, Akshai provided the music for Hard Kaur's follow-up to her hit single "Ek Glassy, Do Glassy"—a song called "Sexy Boy". He has also worked with Kitchie Nadal and percussionist Bo Razon. That same year, Sarin coordinated the Shalom Peace Concert, which took place in New Delhi (with artists like Karsh Kale and MIDIval Punditz). Also in 2006, Sarin was one of the finalists in the India's Creative Future 2007 program conducted by the British Council and Indian Institute of Management Bangalore. The program had a total of 20 delegates.
In 2007, Sarin performed at the newly opened Ministry of Sound franchise in New Delhi with MC Shamik. He also sat on the planning committee for the Indian edition of that year's Indian Electronica Festival.
He is a part of the Asian Massive/Asian Underground; his track "Reborn" appears on the Indian Electronica Vol. 1 compilation, alongside DJ Spooky and Talvin Singh, Transglobal Underground, Jalebee Cartel, and others.
In 2008, Akshai co-wrote and produced "Walk on Water" with double platinum selling Filipino singer Kitchie Nadal. He also co-wrote and co-produced DJ Yahel's "Anoni". The duo also toured India previewing Akshai's upcoming album Connected.
In 2009, Sarin was nominated for the "Young Music Entrepreneur of the Year" award by Rolling Stone Magazine and The British Council. He also played at Singapore F1 Rocks, a music festival that hosted Beyoncé, The Black Eyed Peas, N.E.R.D, ZZ Top and No Doubt.
In 2012, Akshai was a panelist at the International Music Summit Ibiza, with Pete Tong and Tony McGuinness of Above & Beyond. He also is releasing his debut album "Connected" on Contrabass | Universal Music Group and Black Hole Recordings worldwide. His EP "Your Voice Is My Wind" on Black Hole Recordings has been supported by leading DJs Markus Schulz, Gareth Emery, Bobina, Andy Duguid, Pedro Del Mar and many more.
Akshai Sarin has got an opportunity to share the world stage with big performers around the world. He has been invited to perform at a pre Olympic charity event,the launch of the Walk a Mile campaign at the Hospital Club on July 24.The event will have attendees like Michelle Obama and Richard Branson, and performers like U2 and Peter Gabriel.
Journalist and Industry Speaker
Akshai has written about his travels, culture, food and music for GQ Magazine  and The Times of India. He has also been a speaker, delegate and panelist at the International Music Summit Ibiza, Amsterdam Dance Event (ADE), Soundbound  and Global Groove.
The Tilt Festival
First inaugurated in 2010, it is dubbed as Mumbai's first “urban culture festival” because in addition to the music lineup featuring Ferry Corsten, Arno Cost headlining amidst a number of European and Indian DJs, the festival also features food and shopping in the heart of Mumbai city.
AXYZ Music International
AXYZ Music International is a vertically integrated, globally active group of companies involved in all stages of the music economy from development, to delivery. Its partner offices in India, Egypt, Philippines and Australia encompass brand consulting, music marketing, artiste management, artiste/dj booking agency, digital music distribution, physical distribution, record labels, music production, events & venue management services.
Artiste Bookings & Management
- AXYZmusic represents world/jazz artist Surinder Sandhu's Saurang Orchestra.
- The Kitty Girls & Chris McGuinness.
- The company was involved in producing charity awareness & fundraiser event "The Sound of Music featuring the Vienna Chamber Orchestra" in New Delhi.
- The Delhi Underground (DUG) Festival featuring international bands, visual artists & DJs Paul Woolford (UK), Chris McGuinness (New York), DJ Stella Nutella (Sweden) & AX/AI (Philippines).
- They also have toured DJ Stella Nutella with Rolling Stone Magazine.
- They were onground promoters for the Armin Van Buuren event at Indochine in New Delhi.
Concept Club Nights
- AXYZ Old School is a monthly clubnight featuring Chris McGuinness
- Goddess of Sound/White Sound Project features a different female DJ every month (Stella Nutella, Jasmine, Super Cozi so far). Lounge, ambient and electro sounds take over the place, with visuals that take you to a utopia far far away from the lights.
- DUG: Delhi Underground provides a platform for Indian DJs to share the stage with top international DJs.
- In November 2008 AXYZ Music International announced that it had entered into a digital music license agreement with The Art of Living Foundation (AOLF) – the worlds largest voluntary NGO founded by spiritual and humanitarian leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar in 1982.
Rebirth label is affiliated with the AXYZ Music International setup and works with the motto "No overpriced CDs. No disproportionate royalties. We just want fans to feel what our artistes do when they (re) birth something new."
- "Peter Kruder presents Rebirth Vol.1/G-Stone India Sessions 2009" (of Kruder & Dorfmeister)
- "DJ Yahel - Xport" (also known as Yahel Sherman)
- "Janaka Selekta - Pushing Air"
- "Surinder Sandhu - The Saurang Orchestra" (featuring collaborations with Steve Vai and the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra)
- "Akshai - D.A.W.N"
- "Chris McGuinness - Old School"
- Soundscapes (1998, internet download and CD on MP3.com) (as Rebirth of DuB)
- "Your Voice Is My Wind" (2012, EP on Black Hole Recordings) (as Akshai)
- "Connected" (2013, internet download and CD on Universal Music India) (as Akshai Sarin) 
- "Wired for Distortion" (1997, internet download) (as Rebirth of DuB)
- "Birdsong" (2006, in the play Birdsong) (as Akshai Sarin)
- "Tandava" (2006, Dubplate (as Akshai and Critikal)
- "3 Amigos" (2007, white label promo) (as Akshai)
- "Kuchh Kehna Hai" (2007, white label promo) (as Akshai Sarin ft. Priya & Chinku)
- "Reborn" (2007, on Indian Electronica Volume 1 compilation) (as Akshai Sarin feat. Greenissimo)
- "Your Voice is My Wind" (2012, Black Hole Recordings) (as Akshai & Moonbeam) 
- "Dirty Money (2012, Black Hole Recordings) (as Akshai) 
- "Oriental Twilight" remix of "Suraj Hua Madham" by Alka Yagnik and Sonu Nigam
- appears on Klub K3G (2002, Sony Music India) and Kaal soundtrack (2005, Sony Music India)
- "Push the Tempo" remix of "You Are My Soniya" Alka Yagnik and Sonu Nigam
- appears on Klub K3G (2002, Sony Music India) and Let the Music Play Volume 2 (2006, Sony Music UK/India)
- Poonam Sareen: The Ultimate Ahah (2000, Sony Music India) (music, vocals)
- Poonam Sareen: Ayurveda—A Way of Life (2003, Punarnava) (keyboards and "music execution")
- various artists: Friction Re-loaded (2006, SonyBMG) Hard Kaur's "Sexy Boy" (music)
- DJ Yahel: Xport (2008) (song: "Anoni") (co-writer, co-producer)
- DJ Yahel: Worldwide Trance Sounds Vol 3. (2008, Armada Music) Yahel featuring Omer & Akshai, "Anoni" (co-writer, co-producer)
- Moonbeam: Around the World. (2010, Black Hole Recordings) Moonbeam with Akshai feat. Avis Vox, "Elephant Ride" (co-writer, co-producer)
-  Channel V Website.
- Mumbai boy hits Internet music charts, The Times of India Newspaper Online, January 1, 2002.
- Review of Soundscapes JamMagazine Online Edition
- SonyBMG India
- The A/X Effect: The Mumbai Mirror, June 27, 2006.
- Rapping it Up, Namita Kohli, The Indian Express, May 7, 2006.
- Manila Bulletin. October 13, 2006.
- Time Out New Delhi, volume 1 issue 2, April 2007.
- Who will be India's Creative Future 2007?
- Creative Future 2007
- Human Beatbox Session, image of flier
-  Folk Song: Online edition of The Indian Express Newspaper, January 02, 2008.
- Indian Electronica Vol 1.
- Armada Music Website
- DJ Yahel Sherman's Official Website
- Buzzintown.com Website
- Rolling Stone Magazine India, October 2009
- "London calling". 21 July 2012.
- GQ Magazine
- Times of India
- Feature on Mumbai Boss
- List of AXYZmusic offices on the web
- Participant profile, Creative Portal
- Delhi Trance Port Company Indian Express May 22nd 2008
- Dj Stella Nutella India Tour Indivibe Events Website
-  SPEED Website.
- Electro East on BBC Radio
- Electro East on BBC Radio
- Pathaan's Musical Rickshaw on BBC Radio