Akunk (Armenian: Ակունք, also Romanized as Akunk’ and Akunq; until 1935, Kirkhbulag and Ghrkhbulagh) is a village in the Gegharkunik Province of Armenia. It was founded on the site of a Bronze Age settlement and has a fort dating from the 6th-4th century BC. There are two Tukh Manuk pilgrimage sites in the village as well. West of Akunk is the Klor Dar cyclopean fort.
- Akunk at GEOnet Names Server
- World Gazeteer: Armenia – World-Gazetteer.com
- Report of the results of the 2001 Armenian Census, National Statistical Service of the Republic of Armenia
- Kiesling, Brady (2005), Rediscovering Armenia: Guide, Yerevan, Armenia: Matit Graphic Design Studio
- Brady Kiesling, Rediscovering Armenia, p. 47; original archived at Archive.org, and current version online on Armeniapedia.org.
|This article about a location in Gegharkunik Province, Armenia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|