Front page of Al-Balad on 4 March 2006
|Owner(s)||Al Waseet International|
|Founded||15 December 2003|
Al-Balad (Arabic: البلد) meaning The country, officially Sada Al-Balad (Arabic: صدى البلد) meaning The echo of the country) is an Arabic-language daily newspaper in Lebanon. Its headquarters is in Beirut. It is a tabloid commercial paper.
Al Balad was first published on 15 December 2003 and the owner is Al Waseet International. The publisher of the daily is Al Wataniya publishing house. In 2010, the paper also began publishing a French language edition.
In addition to conventional sections, the paper has a lifestyle section and expanded sports and world affairs sections.
In 2006, a study carried out by Ara'a Company with 2500 participants concluded that Al-Balad was read by 18.3% of Lebanese over 15 years of age, being the first in this regard. In the same study it was also found that the paper was the second most popular paper in Lebanon after An Nahar. The Ipsos study in 2006 revealed that Al-Balad had the largest rate of subscribers with 23.8% whereas An Nahar had only 2.6%. The paper was also found to have highest circulation in Lebanon in 2006. A 2009 survey by Ipsos Stat also established that the daily is among the five most popular newspapers in Beirut.
- "Media Landscape". Menassat. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- "Mapping Digital Media: Lebanon". Open Society Foundations. 15 March 2012. Retrieved 19 September 2013.
- "Lebanon. Media Landscape". European Journalism Center. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "Profile of MEPA Member". MEPA 14 (14). 1 May 2007. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "Many voices". The Business Year. 2012. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- "Lebanon: Surveys show Beirut's Sada al-Balad most widely circulated paper". BBC Monitoring. 19 October 2006. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- "Forbes Releases Top 50 MENA Online Newspapers; Lebanon Fails to Make Top 10". Jad Aoun. 28 October 2010. Retrieved 11 September 2014.
- Al-Balad Official site (French)