Al-Balqa` Applied University
|Al-Balqa' Applied University|
|جامعة البلقاء التطبيقية|
|Location||Salt (main campus), Jordan|
5,000 acres (20 km2)
|Colors||Olive Green and Khaki
|Affiliations||IAU, FUIW, UNIMED, AArU|
|Website||Al-Balqa' Applied University website|
Al-Balqa' Applied University (BAU)  (Arabic جامعة البلقاء التطبيقية) is a government-supported university located in Salt, Jordan, was founded in 1997, a distinctive state university in the field of Bachelor and Associate degree Applied Education, at the capacity of more than 21,000 student distributed into 10,000 at the Bachelor degree program and 11,000 at the Associate degree program.
Balqa' Applied University was formed by merging several colleges distributed over almost all of the Jordanian provinces. The merger was the result of royal decree, under the auspices of his majesty the late King Hussein to provide qualified professionals who focus on applied technical studies. A recent stadium was constructed to hold official graduation and ceremonies and was finished in 2011.
The university system has 11 Branches in every Jordanian governorate (Except for Mafraq).
Colleges in main campus in the city of Salt
- Faculty of Engineering.
- Prince Abdullah Bin Ghazi faculty for Information Technology.
- Faculty of Applied Science
- Salt College for Humanitarian And Literary Sciences.
- Faculty of Planning and Management.
- Faculty of Technological Agriculture.
- Faculty of Islamic Architecture and Arts.
Other faculties around the city of Salt
- Princess Rahma University College: In the town of Allan, north west of Salt.
Faculties in Northern Jordan
- Al- Husn University College (in Irbid)
- Ajloun University College (in Ajloun) : for Educational sciences
- Irbid University College (in Irbid)
Faculties in Central Jordan
- Princess Alia University College : located in Amman
- Amman University College for Financial & Administrative Sciences.
- Zarqa University College (in Zarqa)
- The Royal Jordanian Geographic Center College (Amman).
- Faculty of Engineering Technological (FET)
Faculties in Southern Jordan
- Aqaba University College (in Aqaba)
- Karak College (in Kerak)
- Ma’an College (in Ma'an)
- Shobak College (in Shoubak)
- Tafilah Applied University College: It became Tafila Technical University in Tafilah in 2005.
- Usul Al-Deen University College: It became W.I.S.E. (World Islamic Science and Education) University in Tabarbour, northern Amman).
Future expansion plans
With the new administration of the university represented by Dr. Nabil Shawaqfeh, future expansion plans in the university has intensified. On the 24th of February 2013 a tender was issued to construct an educational hospital with a capacity of 200 beds along a complex of medical faculties to teach medicine, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy and other medical related sciences. Also, while discussing the budget of 2013/2014, the dean of the Faculty of Engineering, Prof. Maher Qaqish stated that the faculty has applied to the Higher Education Accreditation Council (HEAC)to open a department of architecture in the main campus located in Salt.