From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Al-Khwarizmi (lit. "the Khwarizmian") can refer to:
- Muhammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī, the famous 9th century mathematician
- Muhammad ibn Ahmad al-Khwārizmī, the 10th century encyclopedist who wrote Mafātīḥ al-ʿulūm ("Key to the Sciences")
- Al-Khwarizmi al-Khati 11th century alchemist
- abu Yaqub ibn Bakr al-Khwarizmi (al-Sakkaki)) the die-engraver 1160 to 1229 AD his book was Miftah al- Ulum(also translates as Key to the Sciences)
- al-Khwarizmi (crater), a crater on the far-side of the moon named after Muhammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī
- Khwarizmi International Award, an Iranian international award for achievements in research, innovation and invention, in fields related to science and technology.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
- Needham, Joseph (1980). Science and civilisation in China: apparatus, theories and gifts. Chemistry and chemical technology. Spagyrical discovery and invention. Cambridge University Press. p. 424. ISBN 978-0-521-08573-1. Retrieved 12 June 2010.