Al-Madinah International University
|Al-Madinah International University|
|Motto||Your Gateway to Borderless Learning|
|Rector||Mohammad Khalifa Al-Tamimi|
|Location||Shah Alam (main campus), Selangor, Malaysia|
|Campus||10 international branches|
MEDIU is an independent, non-profit educational institution, located in Malaysia. The university was established in 2006, founded on Islamic principles and values. MEDIU is licensed by the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) and its programs are accredited by the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA) . The university is managed by Rector Prof. Dr. Mohammad Khalifa Al-Tamimi.    
MEDIU was established in 2006.
- On 20 May 2007, MEDIU was registered and accredited by the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE).
- In 2008, the first intake of students joined the university and faculties and programs were inaugurated such as Islamic Sciences, Languages, Finance and Administrative Sciences, and Computer and Informational Technology and Centre of Languages.
- The number of university’s centres providing services reached nine, in South East Asia, Middle East and Europe.
- The university completed all the procedures to begin face to face learning in scientific and applied fields included computer science, Finance and Administrative sciences, Engineering. In September, 2010 the first face to face intake of students joined the university.
- In 2011, the first batch of graduate students attended graduation day in the Faculty of Languages and Faculty of Islamic Sciences.
- In 2012, MEDIU signed a memorandum with Granada International College (GIC) in the field of education development.
- In 2013, MARA approved the registration and sponsorship program for degree level courses in MEDIU in the field of Islamic Sciences and Arabic languages under the MARA study loan scheme.
The idea of establishing Al-Madinah International University was mooted by a group of Muslim scholars. Al-Madinah International University was named after Al-Madinah Al-Munawwarah, the city where Muhammad established the capital of the first Islamic state, which is also considered the qiblah for those seeking Islamic knowledge.
MEDIU obtained approval as a university from the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) Malaysia on 26 December 2006 and subsequently was registered on 20 June 2007 (KPT/JPS/DFT/US/B22).
MEDIU operates under Malaysia’s Private Higher Education (MOHE) Act of 1996 (Act 555) which governs its establishment and the administration.
Methods of study
- Distance-learning (On-line learning)
E-learning includes all forms of electronically supported learning and teaching, including Edtech. This often involves both out-of-classroom and in-classroom educational experiences via technology.
- On-campus learning
The terminology "On-campus learning" is used in Al-Madinah International University (MEDIU) concept to identify educational programs for which the student has to be at a campus at a specific time to follow the programs, with the assistance of the teacher, professor, or teaching assistant. See MEDIU Academic Staff
All students refer to their learning centers periodically to see the exam schedule, related matters and other important announcements, through their own learning centers
- LC Saudi Arabia
- LC Kuwait
- LC Egypt
- LC London
- LC Morocco
- LC Makassar
- LC Yogyakarta
- LC Thailand
- LC Malaysia
- Faculty of Islamic Sciences.
- Faculty of Languages.
- Faculty of Computer and Information Technology.
- Faculty of Finance & Administrative Science.
- Faculty of Education.
- Faculty of Engineering.
- Center of Languages.
- Saudi Arabia
- Sharma/Singh Virdee, Yojana/Honey. "EGYPT: Alternatives sought after universities close". universityworldnews.com. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- "Al-Madinah International University (MEDIU)". mediu.edu.my. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- "Al-Madinah International University (MEDIU) in Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia". 123university.net. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- "Al-Madinah International University". afterschool.my. Retrieved 28 January 2014.