|Also Spelled||Malikiya, al|
|Date of depopulation||28 May 1948|
|Cause(s) of depopulation||Military assault by Yishuv forces|
Al-Malikiyya (Arabic: المالكية) was a Palestinian village located in the Jabal Amil region. In a 1920s census, the village was registered as part of Greater Lebanon. It was later placed under the British Mandate of Palestine. Its population was mostly Metawali Shiite.
In 1596, al-Malikiyya was a village in the Ottoman nahiya (subdistrict) of Tibnin under the liwa' (district) of Safad, with a population of 369. It paid taxes on a number of crops, such as wheat, barley, as well as goats and beehives.
In the late nineteenth century, the village of Al-Malkiyya was described as being built of stone and mud, lying on a plain to the east of a valley. Well supplied with water from a nearby wadi, the village's 200-300 inhabitants cultivated olives.
1948 Arab-Israeli war
Al-Malikiyya changed hands no fewer than five times between May and October 1948.
A battle was fought in the village on 5-6 June 1948. Combatants were Israelis and the Lebanese army commanded by then Lebanese minister of defense, Emir Majid Arslan II. The Lebanese army would occupy the village for a month. This was the only time Lebanon directly participated in the war. 
As a result of the war, the village was depopulated.
- List of Arab towns and villages depopulated during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War
- Operation Hiram
- Hadawi, 1970, p.70
- Morris, 2004, p. xvi, village #25. Also gives cause of depopulation.
- Morris, 2004, p. xxii, Settlement #135, established 1949.
- Khalidi, 1992, p. 471
- Mu'jam Al-Buldan, cited in le Strange, 1890, p.77
- Hütteroth, Wolf-Dieter and Kamal Abdulfattah (1977), Historical Geography of Palestine, Transjordan and Southern Syria in the Late 16th Century. Erlanger Geographische Arbeiten, Sonderband 5. Erlangen, Germany: Vorstand der Fränkischen Geographischen Gesellschaft. p. 179. Quoted in Khalidi, 1992, p. 471
- Conder and Kitchener: SWP I, 1881, p.202, p.251. Quoted in Khalidi, 1992, p. 471
- Hadawi, 1970, p.119
- Morris, Benny (2004), The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem Revisited, p. 276, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge UK, ISBN 978-0-521-81120-0
- Conder, Claude Reignier and H.H. Kitchener (1881): The Survey of Western Palestine: memoirs of the topography, orography, hydrography, and archaeology. London:Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund. vol 1
- Hadawi, Sami (1970), Village Statistics of 1945: A Classification of Land and Area ownership in Palestine, Palestine Liberation Organization Research Center
- Morris, Benny (2004), The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem Revisited, Cambridge University Press, ISBN 0-521-00967-7
- Khalidi, Walid (1992), All That Remains: The Palestinian Villages Occupied and Depopulated by Israel in 1948, Washington D.C.: Institute for Palestine Studies, ISBN 0-88728-224-5
- le Strange, Guy (1890), Palestine Under the Moslems: A Description of Syria and the Holy Land from A.D. 650 to 1500, Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund
- Welcome to al-Malikiyya
- al-Malikiyya, from the Khalil Sakakini Cultural Center
- al-Malikiyya, Dr. Khalil Rizk.