From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The sura emphasizes that no individual can impose his will on another; he may only guide and set an example (67:26).
||This article contains too many or too-lengthy quotations for an encyclopedic entry. (September 2014)|
Surah al-Mulk is mentioned in a number of hadith a few of which are as follows.
- Imam Ahmad recorded from Abu Hurayrah that Muhammad said,"Verily, there is a chapter in the Qur’an which contains thirty Ayat that will intercede on behalf of its reciter until he is forgiven. (It is): ‘Blessed be He in Whose Hand is the dominion. (Surat Al-Mulk 67)’"
- Muhammad said, ‘There is a surah in the Qur’an which is only thirty verses. It defends whoever recites it until it puts him into Jannah’
- Anas ibn Malik reported Muhammad as saying, “There is a Surah which will plead for its reciter till it causes him to enter paradise.”
- Muhammad said, ‘Surah al Mulk is the protector from the torment of the grave’
- Jabir said it was the custom of not to go to sleep until he had read Tabarakalladhi Biyadihil Mulk(Al-Mulk) and Alif Laam Meem Tanzeel(As-Sajda).
- He used to recite Surah As-Sajdah and Surah Al-Mulk (in Arabic) before sleeping.
- Abdullah Ibn ‘Abbas reported that Muhammad said, ‘It is my desire/love that Surahtul Mulk should be in the heart of every Muslim’
- Ibn Abbas said that one of Muhammad’s companions set up his tent over a grave without realising that it was a grave and it contained a man who was reciting the Surah Tabarakalladhi Biyadihil Mulk up to the end. He went and told the Prophet Muhammad Swallallah o Alaih e Wasallam who said, ‘It is The Defender; it is The Protector which safeguards from Allah Ta’ala’s Punishment’
- Khalid bin Madam said about surat Al Mulk and As-Sajda that these two surahs will fight for their reciter in the grave and will say, ‘O Allah! If we belong to Your book, accept our intercession in his favour. In case we do not, get us obliterated. These surahs will spread their wings like birds and will save the person from the torment of the grave.’
- It was narrated that Abd Allah ibn Mas'ud said: Whoever reads Tabarakalladhi Biyadihil Mulk [i.e. Surah al-Mulk] every night, Allah will protect him from the torment of the grave. At the time of the Messenger of Allah, we used to call it al-mani’ah (that which protects). In the Book of Allah it is a surah which, whoever recites it every night has done very well.
- Abdullaah ibn Mas’ood is reported to have said, 'A man will be approached in his grave from his legs and from his chest and then from his head. And each time this Surah will defend him by saying, 'You cannot do anything to him, he used to recite Surah Mulk'.'
- Abdullaah ibn Mas’ood further states, 'It is called, 'Al-maani'ah'. For it protects from the punishment of the grave.'
- Ibn Umar said that once that Muhammad recited verse 2 (the One Who created death and life so that He may test you as to which of you is better in deeds) and when he reached the words "better in deeds", he stopped and explained that 'better in deeds' is the person who abstains most from the things Allah has forbidden and is always ready to obey Him."
- Yahya related to me from Malik from Ibn Shihab that Humayd ibn Abd ar-Rahman ibn Awf had told him that Surat al-Ikhlas (Sura 112) was equal to a third of the Qur'an, and that Surat al-mulk (Sura 67) pleaded for its owner.
- Al-Mulk at Sacred Texts
- Guppy, Shusha, For the good of Islam The Observer, 15 December 1991
- [This Hadith was collected by At-Tirmidhi and the four Sunan Compilers. At-Tirmidhi said concerning it, “This is a Hasan Hadith.”]
- (Jami` at-Tirmidhi Hadith 2891) Imaam at-Tirmidhi has classified this narration as Hasan (sound) and Imaam Ibn Hibban and Abu Abdullah al-Hakim Nishapuri regarded it as Sahih (authentic). See Saheeh ibn Hibbaan vol.3 pg.67-69 and Al-Mustadrak alaa al-Sahihain vol.2 pg.498
- Abu Dawood, Imam Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Riyad as-Salihin by Imam Al-Nawawi Ch.183 #1016
- Fath al Qadir 5/257, Sahihul Jamiea 1/680, Tabrani in Al-Awsat & Ibn Mardawaith
- Sahihul Jamiea 1/680, Abu Abdullah al-Hakim Nishapuri - Al-Mustadrak alaa al-Sahihain 2/498 & Al-Nasa'i
- Ahmad, Tirmidhi and Sunan al-Darimi
- At-Tirmithi, An-Nasa’i. See also Al-Albani, Sahihul-Jami ’ As-Saghir 4/255]
- [Hakim, al-Hisnul Haseen by the cassical scholar Muhammad al-Jazri
- Mishkat al-Misbah
- [Sahih at-Targhib wat-Tarhib, no. 1475]
- (Mustadrak al-Haakim vol.2 pg.498). Abu Abdullah al-Hakim Nishapuri has classified this narration as Saheeh (authentic) and Haafiz Zahabiy has confirmed this.
- Imam Malik's Muwatta Chapter No: 15, The Quran, Hadith no: 19 Narrated by Imam Malik
- Surah Al-Mulk (Complete text in Arabic with English and French translations)
|Sura 67||Next sura: