|Date of depopulation||May 11, 1948|
|Cause(s) of depopulation||Influence of nearby town's fall|
|Current localities||Beyt Hillel|
Al-Zuq al-Tahtani was a Palestinian Arab village in the Safad Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine on May 11, 1948 by the Palmach's First Battalion of Operation Yiftach. It was located 30 km northeast of Safad.
In 1945, the village had a total population of 1,050.
- Morris, 2004, p. xvi, village #9. Also gives cause of depopulation.
- Khalidi, 1992, p. 510
- Conder, Claude Reignier; Kitchener, H. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Memoirs of the Topography, Orography, Hydrography, and Archaeology 1. London: Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund. (p. 90)
- Guérin, Victor (1880). Description Géographique Historique et Archéologique de la Palestine (in French). 3: Galilee, pt. 2. Paris: L'Imprimerie Nationale. (p. 534)
- Hadawi, Sami (1970). Village Statistics of 1945: A Classification of Land and Area ownership in Palestine. Palestine Liberation Organization Research Center. (p. 71)
- Khalidi, Walid (1992). All That Remains: The Palestinian Villages Occupied and Depopulated by Israel in 1948. Washington D.C.: Institute for Palestine Studies. ISBN 0-88728-224-5.
- Mills, E., ed. (1932). Census of Palestine 1931. Population of Villages, Towns and Administrative Areas (PDF). Jerusalem: Government of Palestine.
- Morris, Benny (2004). The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem Revisited. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-0-521-00967-6.
- Palmer, E. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Arabic and English Name Lists Collected During the Survey by Lieutenants Conder and Kitchener, R. E. Transliterated and Explained by E.H. Palmer. Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund. (the lower Zûk p. 38)
- Welcome To al-Zuq al-Tahtani
- SWP map II, IAA
- SWP map 2, Wikimedia commons
- al-Zuq al-Tahtani from the Khalil Sakakini Cultural Center
- Al-Zuq al-Tahtani, Dr. Khalil Rizk.
|This geography of Palestine article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|