Al Anderson (NRBQ)
|Also known as||Big Al Anderson|
July 26, 1947 |
Windsor, Connecticut, USA
|Associated acts||NRBQ and The Wildweeds|
Alan Gordon "Al" Anderson (born July 26, 1947 in Windsor, Connecticut) is an American guitarist, singer, and songwriter. Between 1971 and the early 1990s, he was the lead guitarist in the rock band NRBQ, also releasing several solo albums. He also played electric guitar on Jonathan Edwards' 1973 album Have a Good Time for Me. Prior to that, he was a member of The Wildweeds in the late 1960s.
In the 1990s, Anderson shifted his focus to country music, writing hits for such acts as Carlene Carter, Vince Gill, Diamond Rio and Trisha Yearwood, as well as Tim McGraw's Number One hit "The Cowboy in Me" and several album cuts. Anderson has also released six solo albums.
- Al Anderson (Vanguard Records, 1972)
- Party Favors (Rykodisc, 1988)
- Pay Before You Pump (Imprint Records, 1996)
- After Hours (Legacy, 2006)
- Pawn Shop Guitars (AAM Records, 2007)
- Strings (Amigo Grande, 2012)
|1973||"We'll Make Love"||101||Al Anderson|
List of country singles composed by Al Anderson
Besides his work in NRBQ, Anderson has written or co-written the following country singles:
- 4 Runner – "Forrest County Line"
- Alabama with Jann Arden – "Will You Marry Me"
- Jimmy Buffett (with Martina McBride) – "Trip Around the Sun"
- Jimmy Buffett (with Kenny Chesney) - "License to Chill"
- Bonnie Raitt - "Not Cause I Wanted To", "Ain't Gonna Let You Go" both on Slipstream
- Carlene Carter – "Every Little Thing"
- Linda Davis – "A Love Story in the Making"
- Diamond Rio – "Unbelievable"
- Joe Diffie – "Poor Me"
- Ty England – "Should've Asked Her Faster"
- The Farm – "Every Time I Fall in Love"
- Vince Gill – "Next Big Thing"
- Hot Apple Pie – "We're Makin' Up"
- Patty Loveless - "The Last Thing On My Mind"
- The Mavericks (with Flaco Jiménez) – "All You Ever Do Is Bring Me Down"
- Raul Malo - "Crying For You"
- Tim McGraw – "The Cowboy in Me"
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band – "Bang, Bang, Bang"
- The Oak Ridge Boys – "Bad Case of Missing You"
- James Otto – "Groovy Little Summer Song"
- LeAnn Rimes – "Big Deal"
- Jeffrey Steele - "Somethin' in the Water"
- George Strait – "Love's Gonna Make It Alright"
- Aaron Tippin – "Without Your Love"
- Mike Walker – "Honey Do"
- Lari White – "Wild at Heart"
- Trisha Yearwood – "Powerful Thing"
- Delbert McClinton & Dick50 - "When She Cries At Night"
|This article about a United States singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|