||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (December 2012)|
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: outdated. (November 2014)|
|Launched||9 September 2005|
|Owned by||Al Jazeera Media Network|
|Badr & Arabsat||11862 V / 27500|
|Nilesat||11564 H/ 27500|
|Hotbird||12558 V / 27500|
|NOVA Greece||Channel 857|
|Eutelsat 28A (Europe)||11223 V 27500 2/3|
|SKY Italia||Channel 690|
|naxoo (Switzerland)||Channel 279|
|TalkTalk Plus TV||Channel 460|
JeemTV (Arabic: تلفزيون ج), formerly the Al Jazeera Children's Channel (Arabic: الجزيرة للأطفال), is a free-to-view pan-Arab channel, for children between 7 and 12 years old. It is owned by Al Jazeera Media Network
The channel aims to focus on the particular needs and interests of this age-group and on the issues relating to the interaction of their particular culture with the wider world. It aims to provide quality programmes that stimulate both learning and creativity.
Content featuring children includes:
- debate shows, allowing young Arabs to express their thoughts and communicate their opinions
- magazine-programmes, covering educational themes such as: science, technology and sports
- quizzes and game-shows, for general knowledge but also for pure fun and entertainment
The channel also broadcasts nature documentaries and cartoon and animation programmes.
The content is mostly third-party foreign shows, though the channel does produce some material itself. The bought-in material is selected from the best of the international market. Foreign-language material is translated into Arabic, either by voice-over, dubbing or by subtitles.
The channel produces its own cartoon TV series and other animations, and also participates in co-productions with other public service children’s channels around the world.
JCC developed its multimedia programme for learning and creativity with an interactive website, at: www.jcctv.net/siwar. The website is bilingual in Arabic and English and provides more than 200 hours of educational and entertainment material. Members can also upload their images and videos and share them with other children around the world.
Programming for the pre-school sector, aged 3 to 6 years old, is presented under the title: Baraem.
The story starts with JCC, the free to air children’s channel that was founded in September 2005.
As a Pan-Arab edutainment channel, JCC is dedicated to enriching the lives of children in every Arab home across the world. Through high-quality and innovative programing, JCC strives to reach Arab children while aiming to preserve Arab cultural identity and instill the values for a promising and talented generation.
Over the years, JCC has gained a substantial experience by producing a considerable part of the content, and carefully selecting the rest from the best of the international market. At the same time the channel has built on deep insights into researches, which had provided tremendous knowledge into Arab children’s behavior and enabled us to understand what children want and need. With this in mind we wanted to integrate a child centric brand that caters the modern needs of Arab children and a generation of new media adopters, and brand that offers a full scale of 360 degrees proposition and over multiple platforms.
The integration, needed to reflect Arabic origin, remembrance, and consistent to pronounce across the Pan-Arab region.
The evolution gave birth to JeemTV. Given the huge strides that technology has made in recent years it seemed right and proper to make the channel a state of the art reference that is loved by children and respected by parents. By applying our insight, knowledge, and experience we have evolved our offering so that it meets the needs of Arab children in the 21st century.
- Al Alam Soual
- Al Maaa
- Al Tabaq Al Taer
- Ala Al Hawa
- Angry Birds Toons
- Oggy and the Cockroaches
- All About Animals
- Allison & Lillia
- Allo Marhaba
- Anta Batal
- Atfal al-Mahjar
- Ronaldinho Gaucho's Team
- The International Quran Competition
- Bait al-A'ila
- Billy and Buddy
- Bordj Al Jaras
- Circo Massimo
- Dex Hamilton: Alien Entomologist
- Doctor Who
- Deadly 60
- The Garfield Show
- Get Bushwise
- Huna Wa Hunak
- Jules Verne's Amazing Journeys
- Khair Al Kalam
- Lulu Wa Marmar
- Maa Al Tayar
- Marsupilami Hooba Hooba Hop
- "Me and my Monsters"
- "M.I. High"
- Min Hawlina
- Mister Maker
- Safha Riyadiyyah
- Taala Maana
- Tariq Al Najah
- The Great Stars of the Circus
- The Jungle Book
- The Sarah Jane Adventures
- Wild Water World
- Saladin: The Animated Series
- Filmmaster MEA hosts the launch of JEEMTV for Al Jazeera Children - Filmmaster MEA
- JCC presents JeemTV for Arab children of the 21st century - qatarisbooming.com
- JeemTV is new and exciting experience... - JeemTV Twitter account
- JeemTV official website (Arabic)(English)
- Al Jazeera Children's Channel (JCC) official website (Arabic)(English)
- Aljazeera launches children's channel - Christian Henderson, Aljazeera.net September 20, 2005
- Other satellites carrying JCC
- Al Jazeera Children's Channel receives Eutelsat and Eurovisioni recognition award