Al Lewis (columnist)
From 2001 to 2008, he was business columnist at The Denver Post.
He often writes about big business, especially through the medium of interviews. He describes his work as chronicling the human drama as it plays out in the business arena.
In addition to his column, he writes a blog called Tell It To Al, and frequently appears on Fox Business News and Denver's NBC affiliate, KUSA-TV, 9News.
"As the name 'Emporium' suggests, Al will be writing on a wide range of business subjects through an unconventional perspective," Dow Jones said upon the column's introduction.
His column for The Sunday Wall Street Journal appears in about 70 newspapers nationwide.
Lewis, who grew up in Northbrook, Illinois, earned a bachelor's degree in journalism and political science from MacMurray College in Jacksonville, Illinois and a master's degree in public affairs reporting from the University of Illinois at Springfield.
He has won several awards, including honors from the Associated Press, the Society of Professional Journalists, the Colorado Press Association and column-writing awards from the Society of American Business Editors and Writers for 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011. He also won the 1999 Morton Margolin Prize for Distinguished Business Reporting from the Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver. He has twice won the William R. Clabby Dow Jones Newswires Award for his work in 2008 and 2009.
"Lewis shows that business writing can be fun and interesting as well as informative", a panel of SABEW judges wrote. "The writing is clever, witty and visual. He has the tempo and timing of a good comedian."
- Al Lewis' columns
- Al Lewis' website
- Dow Jones press release on Al Lewis
- Denver Business Journal article on Al Lewis
- Westword blog post on Al Lewis
- "SABEW Announces Winners, 2011"
- "SABEW Announces Winners, 2010"
- "SABEW Announces Winners, 2009"
- "SABEW Announces Winners, 2008"
- "SABEW Announces Winners, 2007"
- "SABEW Announces Winners, 2006"
- List of Morton Margolin Prize Winners
- "Al Lewis Named South Florida Business Journal Editor". South Florida Business Journal. Retrieved 20 April 2015.