Al Najaf International Airport
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009)|
|Al Najaf International Airport|
|IATA: NJF – ICAO: ORNI
|Operator||Najaf Airport Authority|
|Hub for||Iraqi Airways|
Al Najaf International Airport (IATA: NJF; ICAO: ORNI) is the airport serving Najaf, Iraq, and is located on the eastern side of the city. Formerly a military airbase, the facility consists of one asphalt runway 3,000 metres (9,800 ft) long and 70 metres (230 ft) wide. The airport is expanding to provide four departure gates, two arrival gates, immigration and passenger services.
The Najaf Governorate represented by the Deputy Governor Abd al-Husayn Abtan and Najaf Investment Commission signed a Memorandum of Agreement dated 24 June 2008 with Al-Aqeelah Holding authorizing it for one year to finalize the construction of the airport and five years subject to renewal to manage the airport. Currently Aqeeq Aviation Holding a subsidiary of Al-Aqeelah Holding is overseeing this.
The construction phase comprises the construction of the VIP lounge, Arrival and Departure Halls, Taxiway, Air cargo, purchasing all airport equipments including Ground Handling Equipments, technical supplies, Navigation Aids, Dining Facilities and lodging sites for employees.
Airlines and destinations
- Sauret, Michel (22 July 2008). "Najaf Airport provides travel, economic boost to southern provinces". Army News. United States Army. Archived from the original on 22 January 2009. Retrieved 22 January 2009.
- Najaf Investment Commission
- Najaf Governorate signs agreement
- "Iraqi Air Company Al Naser Airlines Will Perform Regular Flights in Tbilisi International Airport". Tbilisi Airport – TAV Airports Holding Co. Retrieved 8 July 2013.
- Qeshm Airlines daily schedule (in Persian)