||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (January 2013)|
Al Ries is a marketing professional and author. He is also the co-founder and chairman of the Atlanta-based consulting firm Ries & Ries with his partner and daughter, Laura Ries. Along with Jack Trout, Ries coined the term "positioning", as related to the field of marketing, and authored Positioning: The Battle For Your Mind, an industry standard on the subject.
Ries graduated from DePauw University in 1950 with a degree in liberal arts and accepted a position with the advertising department of General Electric before founding his own advertising agency in New York City, Ries Cappiello Colwell, in 1963. The agency later changed to a marketing strategy firm, Trout & Ries.
In 1972, again cooperating with Trout, Ries co-authored a three-part series of articles declaring the arrival of the "Positioning Era" in Advertising Age magazine, promoting their concept of positioning.
In 1994, Ries founded Ries & Ries with his daughter Laura a recent graduate of Northwestern University and TBWA advertising account executive.
Ries was selected as one of the most influential people in the field of public relations in the 20th century by PR Week magazine in 1999. Ries has also written a number of books that have made the BusinessWeek best seller list  on a number of occasions.
- Al Ries
- Focus (1996)
- Al Ries with Laura Ries
- 22 Immutable Laws of Branding (1998, 2002)
- 11 Immutable Laws of Internet Branding (2000)
- The Fall of Advertising and the Rise of PR (2002)
- The Origin of Brands (2004)
- War in the Boardroom
- Al Ries with Jack Trout
- Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind (1981, 2000)
- Marketing Warfare (1985, 2005)
- Bottom-up Marketing (1988)
- Horse Sense (1991)
- The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing (1993)
- Apple Inc. (previously Apple Computer, Inc.)
- Burger King
- Digital Equipment
- Inhale Technology
- Lotus Development
- Missouri Board of Tourism
- Paramount Television
- Procter & Gamble
- Silicon Graphics
- Southwest Airlines
Complete list of clients here 
- "The Business Week Best-Seller List". 1999-01-11.
- "The BusinessWeek Best Seller List". 2002-11-04.
- Official website , Ries & Ries
- IMNO Open Source Mentoring Interview with Al Ries
- Q&A featuring Al Ries
|This article about a writer of non-fiction is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This marketing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|