The website alaTest is a review aggregator launched in Sweden in 2005. It allows users to read reviews on a range of products. The commercial headquarters are in Stockholm, Sweden, and it also has offices in New York, London, Berlin and Wuhan.
|Key people||Arie Struik, founder and CEO; Peter Björk, co-founder and COO|
alaTest was launched in 2005 by Arie Struik and Peter Björk as an online review aggregator service based in Sweden. It currently aggregates and analyzes 18 million reviews from over 4000 websites. It also provides reviews for major sites like Microsoft Bing (search engine), eBay, Samsung Electronics, Philips, Casio, Orange, Vodafone, ZDNet and several price comparison web sites.
alaTest uses a combination of screen scraping and data feed supplied by review sites themselves. These reviews are matched against a backend database using a fuzzy logic automatching system. alaTest also uses multilingual opinion mining to extract ratings from the free-text of reviews.
- http://www.internetretailing.net/2010/09/alatest-launches-new-uk-operation/ alaTest launches new UK operation
- http://www.redherring.com/home/24140 Red Herring 100 Europe Winners Cover A Wide Range of Services
- "Product Review Aggregator alaTest Gets Red Herring Global 100 Award". ArcticStartup.
- alaTest UK
- alaTest Blog
- alaTest iPhone App and alaTest Android App
- Brains To Venture and M10 finance alaTest
- Red Herring 100 Europe Winners Cover A Wide Range of Services
- Product Review Aggregator alaTest Gets Red Herring Global 100 Award
- Etilize UK Partners with alaTest to Provide Integrated Data Feed