Alabama State Route 14
|Maintained by ALDOT|
|Length:||218.289 mi (351.302 km)|
|West end:||MS 69 at Mississippi state line in Pickens County|
| I-20 / I-59 at Eutaw
US-11 / US-43 at Eutaw
US-80 at Selma
US-31 / SR-14 Truck
I-65 at Prattville
US-231 / SR-111 Truck at Wetumpka
|East end:||SR-267 at Auburn|
|Counties:||Pickens, Greene, Hale, Perry, Hale, Dallas, Autauga, Elmore, Tallapoosa, Macon, Lee|
State Route 14 in Alabama, also known as SR-14, is a public highway maintained by the state of Alabama. SR-14 runs from west to east through the central portion of the state. The highway begins at the Mississippi state line at the terminus of Mississippi Highway 69 and connects the cities of Selma and Prattville before ending at State Route 147 on the western side of Auburn.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (December 2007)|
State Route 14 was one of the original routes in the Alabama's first statewide highway system in the 1920s. The original routing followed much of the same path as today, but was significantly shorter. The highway as built then started in Selma and ran east along its current route to Auburn. As was standard for highways of the era, SR-14 was unpaved for its full length. The first paved section was constructed in 1932 between Elmore and Wetumpka. Paving continued sporadically for the next 15 years, with the last gravel section on the route being paved in 1947.
In 1956–57, the state renumbered many highways, and as a result other state highways to the northwest of Selma were renumbered as SR-14, extending the highway to the Mississippi state line along its modern course. In the 1960s, when the first segment of Interstate 85 was constructed, bypassing Auburn and Opelika, SR-14 was extended from its eastern end at U.S. Highway 29 in Auburn along US-29 through Opelika to the northern end of that first Interstate Highway segment, at the current Exit 64. When U.S. Highway 280 was re-routed to meet Interstate 85 between Auburn and Opelika in 1998, SR-14 was truncated to its a new eastern endpoint at US-280 in Opelika. In 2009, it was further truncated to its present terminus at the junction with State Route 147.
Route description 
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2009)|
Local Routings 
- SR-14 is routed along Broad Street in Pickensville.
- SR-14 is routed along Columbus Road NW, 2nd Street NW, 1st Avenue, 3rd Street SE, and Dr. Martin Luther King Memorial Highway in Aliceville.
- SR-14 is routed along Mesopotamia Street, Eutaw Avenue, Main Street, Morrow Avenue, Boligee Street, and Greensboro Street in Eutaw.
- SR-14 is routed along Hobson Street and State Street in Greensboro.
- SR-14 is routed along West Greene Street, Washington Street, and Martin Luther King Parkway in Marion.
- SR-14 shares a route with State Route 183 for five miles (8 km) between Marion and Sprott in Perry County.
- SR-14 shares a route with State Route 219 for four miles (6 km) north of U.S. Highway 80 in Selma, Alabama.
- SR-14 shares a route with U.S. Highway 80 for four miles (6 km) through Selma.
- SR-14 is routed along Highland Avenue in Selma.
- SR-14 shares a route with U.S. Highway 31 for roughly a mile in Prattville.
- SR-14 is routed along Selma Highway, Washington Street, East Main Street, North Memorial Drive, and Fairview Avenue in Prattville.
- SR-14 is routed along Elmore Road, Coosa River Parkway, and Tallassee Highway in Wetumpka.
- SR-14 shares a route with State Route 111 in Wetumpka.
- SR-14 is routed along Gilmer Avenue, Barnette Boulevard, Central Boulevard, Main Street, and Notasulga Road in Tallassee.
- SR-14 is routed along Tallapoosa Street and Auburn Road in Notasulga.
Major intersections 
||0.00||0.00||MS 69 west – Columbus||Mississippi state line|
||Pickensville||9.41||15.14||SR-86 (Main Street)|
|Aliceville||19.26||31.00||SR-17 south||Western end of SR-17 concurrency|
|19.55||31.46||SR-17 north (Memorial Parkway)||Eastern end of SR-17 concurrency|
|Eutaw||43.43||69.89||I-20 / I-59||I-20/I-59 exit 40|
|46.10||74.19||US-11 north (SR-7) / US-43 north (SR-13) (Tuscaloosa Street)||Western end of US-11/US-43 concurrency|
|46.46||74.77||US-11 south (SR-7) (Boligee Street)||Eastern end of US-11 concurrency|
|46.99||75.62||US-43 south (SR-13) (Demopolis Highway)||Eastern end of US-43 concurrency|
|Greensboro||67.65||108.87||SR-25 south / SR-69 south (Demopolis Street)||Western end of SR-25/SR-69 concurrency|
|68.00||109.44||SR-25 north / SR-69 north (Tuscaloosa Street)||Eastern end of SR-25/SR-69 concurrency|
||Marion||86.96||139.95||SR-289 south (Washington Street)|
|89.36||143.81||SR-183 south||Western end of SR-183 concurrency|
|Sprott||93.79||150.94||SR-183 north||Eastern end of SR-183 concurrency|
||111.35||179.20||SR-219 north||Western end of SR-219 concurrency|
|112.13||180.46||SR-219 south||Eastern end of SR-219 concurrency|
US-80 west (SR-8) / SR-22 Truck west
|Western end of US-80/Truck SR-22 concurrency|
US-80 Bus. east / SR-22 (Broad Street)
|Eastern end of Truck SR-22 concurrency (it ends at this intersection)|
|117.16||188.55||US-80 east (SR-8) / SR-41 south||Eastern end of US-80 concurrency|
US-82 (SR-6) / SR-14 Truck east
|152.74||245.81||SR-204 west (Washington Street)|
US-31 west / SR-14 Truck (Memorial Drive)
|Western end of US-31 concurrency|
|154.28||248.29||US-31 north (Memorial Drive)||Eastern end of US-31 concurrency|
||157.44||253.38||I-65||I-65 exit 181|
|Robinson Springs||160.25||257.90||SR-143 south (Main Street)||Western end of SR-143 concurrency|
|Elmore||164.49||264.72||SR-143 north||Eastern end of SR-143 concurrency|
|Wetumpka||170.08||273.72||SR-212 east (Elmore Road)|
|171.34||275.75||SR-111 (Holtville Road)||Western end of Truck SR-111 concurrency (it ends at this intersection)|
US-231 (SR-9, SR-21, SR-53) / SR-111 Truck south
|Eastern end of Truck SR-111 concurrency|
|Claud||180.48||290.45||SR-63 north (Claud Road)|
|Tallassee||188.45||303.28||SR-229 north||Western end of SR-229 concurrency|
|192.04||309.06||SR-229 south (Jordan Avenue)||Eastern end of SR-229 concurrency|
||202.19||325.39||SR-120 west (Cobb Road)|
||Auburn||218.29||351.30||SR-267 (Sting Jordan Parkway)|