Bayan ng Alabel
Lungsod sa Alabel
Banwa sang Alabel
|Municipality of Alabel|
|Region||SOCCSKSARGEN (Region XII)|
|• Mayor||Corazon S. Grafilo|
|• Total||495.70 km2 (191.39 sq mi)|
|• Density||140/km2 (380/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Income class||1st class|
|Population census of Alabel, Sarangani|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
Alabel is a 1st class municipality in the province of Sarangani, Philippines. It is the capital municipality of Sarangani Province. According to the latest census, it has a population of 71,872 people in 12,312 households.
Alabel is largely based on agriculture with a high level production of dried coconut meat. Animal husbandry is the second biggest income earner, notably cattle farming. Other agricultural products are coconuts, maize, sugarcane, bananas, pineapples, cotton, mangoes; goat farming, pork, eggs, beef; fish; charcoal; coconut weaving. It is adjacent to the highly urbanized sea port city of General Santos.
The economy has accelerated in the past decade driven by advances in global communication technology and the finishing of a modern highway that tremendously improved trade and transport.
According to the last general elections, it has a total voting population of 33,071 voters.
Alabel is politically subdivided into 12 barangays.
- Datal Anggas
- Poblacion (Alabel)
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- 1995 Philippine Census Information
- 2000 Philippine Census Information
- 2007 Philippine Census Information (1)
- 2007 Philippine Census Information (2)
- Local Governance Performance Management System