Alain Desrosières (1940 – February 2013) was a statistician at the INSEE and a sociologist and historian of science at the EHESS (France), well known for his work in the history of statistics. He is the author of The Politics of Large Numbers: A History of Statistical Reasoning.
- "L'UQAM décerne un doctorat honorifique à Alain Desrosières dans le cadre du 25e anniversaire du CIRST". Université du Québec à Montréal. 2011. Retrieved 16 February 2013.
- Lorraine Daston (2000). "Why statistics tend not only to describe the world but to change it". London Review of Books 22 (8): 35–36. ISSN 0260-9592.
- Raveaud, Gilles (15 February 2013). "Alain Desrosières est mort". Alternatives économiques (in French).
- Desrosières, Alain (1998). The politics of large numbers : a history of statistical reasoning. Cambridge, Mass: Harvard University Press. ISBN 978-0-674-00969-1.
- Author's profile at the Centre Alexandre Koyré (EHESS, CNRS)
|This article about a French historian or genealogist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a French mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a statistician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|