Alain Duhamel in 2009
31 May 1940 |
Duhamel has also hosted several television political broadcasts: À armes égales from 1970, Cartes sur table on Antenne 2 from 1978, succeeded by L'Heure de vérité, and eventually 100 minutes pour convaincre from 2002, as well as Question Ouverte. During the French presidential election of 1995, Duhamel, along with fellow journalist Guillaume Durand, hosted the television debate between Jacques Chirac and Lionel Jospin.
Duhamel has also worked with RTL from 1999.
In 2006, Duhamel published Les Prétendants 2007, listing 20 likely contendants of the French presidential election of 2007, and notably ignoring Ségolène Royal. Duhamel persisted to denying that Royal was a likely contendant, even as she rose in popularity. He eventually included a chapter on the pocket edition of the book.
On November 27, 2006, during a talk at the Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris, Duhamel stated his intention to vote for François Bayrou. A video of the event was released on Dailymotion, and Duhamel was suspended from his activities at France 2 and RTL until the end of the campaign.
- La République giscardienne. Anatomie politique de la France, Éditions Grasset, 1980.
- La République de monsieur Mitterrand, Éditions Grasset, 1982.
- Les Prétendants, Gallimard, 1983.
- Le Complexe d'Astérix. Essai sur le caractère politique des Français, Gallimard, 1985.
- Le Ve Président, Gallimard, 1987.
- Les Habits neufs de la politique, Flammarion, 1989.
- De Gaulle-Mitterrand. La marque et la trace, Flammarion, 1991.
- Les Peurs françaises, Flammarion, 1993.
- La Politique imaginaire. Les mythes politiques français, Flammarion, 1995 (Académie française essay prize).
- Portrait d'un artiste, Flammarion, 1997.
- Une Ambition française, Plon, 1999.
- Derrière le miroir. Les hommes politiques à la télévision, Plon, 2000.
- Les Prétendants 2007, Plon, 2006
- La Marche Consultaire, 2009
- AFP sur Yahoo! (French)