In 1984 he started working at Logitech in Romanel, Switzerland. He kept working at Logitech for 14 years in Switzerland, Taiwan and the US in positions ranging from software developer, IS manager, manufacturing engineering to VP engineering and director OEM marketing. He joined the EPFL university in 1997.
Further Wegmann is a steering committee member of the EDOC Conference and a conference program member of the Requirement Engineering Conference and the UML Conference. Further he is a member of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers(IEEE) and the engineering academy (SATW) of the Swiss Academy of Arts and Sciences.
Wegmann has written several articles, a selection:
- A. Naumenko and A. Wegmann (2002). "A Metamodel for the Unified Modeling Language". In: UML 2002, the 5th International Conference on the Unified Modeling Language, pages 2–17, 2002.
- G. Regev and A. Wegmann (2005). "Where do Goals Come from: the Underlying Principles of Goal-Oriented Requirements Engineering". In: Requirements Engineering 2005, 2005.
- A. Wegmann, et al. (2007). "Teaching Enterprise and Service-Oriented Architecture in Practice". in: Journal of Enterprise Architecture, 4(3):15 - 24, 2007.
- I. Rychkova, G. Regev, and A. Wegmann (2008). "Using Declarative Specifications in Business Process Design". In: International Journal of Computer Science & Applications, V(IIIb):45-68, 2008.
- A. Wegmann, et al. (2008) "Specifying Services for ITIL Service Management". In: The International Workshop on Service-Oriented Computing Consequences for Engineering Requirements (SOCCER'08) in the 16th IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference, 2008.
- Alain Wegmann et al. (2008). "Augmenting the Zachman Enterprise Architecture Framework with a Systemic Conceptualization". Presented at the 12th IEEE International EDOC Conference (EDOC 2008), München, Germany, 15–19 September 2008.
- Professor Alain Wegmann CV
- Professor Alain Wegmann Home Page. Last changed 2006-12-01. Retrieved 18 June 2009.
- EDOC 2009 Thirteenth IEEE International EDOC Conference 31 August - 4 September 2009. Retrieved 18 June 2009.
- RE'06 IEEE International Requirements Engineering conference. Retrieved 18 June 2009.
- umlconference.org. Retrieved 18 June 2009.
- Alain Wegmann List of publications from the DBLP Bibliography Server.
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2009)|
- Homepage at Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)