|Location||Anamur, Mersin Province|
|Purpose||Water supply, power|
|Construction began||November 2, 2010|
|Opening date||March 7, 2014|
|Dam and spillways|
|Type of dam||Embankment, concrete-face rock-fill|
|Impounds||Anamur (Dragon) Creek|
|Height||93 m (305 ft)|
|Length||385.40 m (1,264 ft)|
|Dam volume||2,008,000 m3 (2,626,365 cu yd)|
|Spillway type||Controlled chute, two radial gates|
|Spillway capacity||893.50 m3/s (31,554 cu ft/s)|
|Total capacity||130,500,000 m3 (105,798 acre·ft)|
|Active capacity||86,500,000 m3 (70,127 acre·ft)|
|Inactive capacity||44,000,000 m3 (35,671 acre·ft)|
|Catchment area||210.90 km2 (81.43 sq mi)|
|Commission date||January 2015 est.|
|Installed capacity||26 MW|
|Annual generation||111.27 GWh|
Alaköprü Dam (Turkish: Alaköprü Barajı) is a concrete-face rock-fill dam on the Anamur (Dragon) Creek in Anamur district of Mersin Province, southern Turkey. The development is backed by the Turkish State Hydraulic Works (DSİ). The dam was primarily built as part of the Northern Cyprus Water Supply Project, to supply drinking and irrigation purposes to Northern Cyprus.
Preliminary construction on the dam began on November 2, 2010 and the official groundbreaking took place on March 7, 2011. After the completion of the 560 m (1,840 ft) long diversion tunnel, construction of the dam started on August 9, 2012 with placement of the foundation. The dam was completed on schedule, on March 7, 2014. The dam's 26 MW hydroelectric power station is expected to be commissioned in January 2015.
Up to 75,000,000 m3 (61,000 acre·ft) water from the dam's reservoir, which makes more than half of its capacity, will be transferred to Geçitköy Dam in Northern Cyprus via a 80 km (50 mi) pipeline crossing the Mediterranean Sea under 250 m (820 ft) depth.
- "Alaköprü Dam and HEPP" (in Turkish). Boyut Group. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Alaköprü Barajı İnşaatı" (in Turkish). Ak-Eli İnşaat. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "Alaköprü Barajı". Haber Anamur (in Turkish). 2012-10-12. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "Alaköprü Barajı Su Derivasyonu Merasimi" (in Turkish). DSİ. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "Alaköprü Barajı’nda Derivasyon İşlemine Başlanıyor" (in Turkish). DSİ. 2012-08-09. Retrieved 2012-11-03.
- "TRNC Water Supply Project giant step" (in Turkish). Anadolu Ajansi. Retrieved 22 December 2014.
- "Alaköprü DAM and HPP". Boyut Group. Retrieved 22 December 2014.