|Location||Anamur, Mersin Province, Turkey|
|Construction began||November 2, 2010|
|Dam and spillways|
|Type of dam||Embankment, concrete-face rock-fill|
|Impounds||Anamur (Dragon) Creek|
|Length||385.40 m (1,264 ft)|
|Height||93 m (305 ft)|
|Dam volume||2,008,000 m3 (2,626,365 cu yd)|
|Spillway type||Controlled chute, two radial gates|
|Spillway capacity||893.50 m3/s (31,554 cu ft/s)|
|Total capacity||130,500,000 m3 (105,798 acre·ft)|
|Active capacity||86,500,000 m3 (70,127 acre·ft)|
|Inactive capacity||44,000,000 m3 (35,671 acre·ft)|
|Catchment area||210.90 km2 (81.43 sq mi)|
|Installed capacity||26 MW|
|Annual generation||111.27 GWh|
Alaköprü Dam (Turkish: Alaköprü Barajı) is an concrete-face rock-fill dam currently under construction on the Anamur (Dragon) Creek in Anamur district of Mersin Province, southern Turkey. The development is backed by the Turkish State Hydraulic Works (DSİ). The dam is being mainly built to supply water for drinking and irrigation purposes to Northern Cyprus.
The groundbreaking took place on November 2, 2010. After the completion of the 560 m (1,840 ft) long diversion tunnel, construction of the dam started on August 9, 2012 with filling of the arch. The completion date of the dam is planned for latest March 7, 2014.
75,000,000 m3 (61,000 acre·ft) water of the dam, which makes more than half of its capacity, will be transferred to Geçitköy Dam in Northern Cyprus via a 80 km (50 mi) pipeline crossing the Mediterranean Sea under 250 m (820 ft) depth.
- "Alaköprü Dam and HEPP" (in Turkish). Boyut Group. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Alaköprü Barajı İnşaatı" (in Turkish). Ak-Eli İnşaat. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "Alaköprü Barajı". Haber Anamur (in Turkish). 2012-10-12. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "Alaköprü Barajı Su Derivasyonu Merasimi" (in Turkish). DSİ. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "Alaköprü Barajı’nda Derivasyon İşlemine Başlanıyor" (in Turkish). DSİ. 2012-08-09. Retrieved 2012-11-03.