|Full name||Alan Adamson|
|Date of birth||21 May 1963|
|Place of birth||Scotland|
Adamson was with Airdrieonians as a youth in the mid-1970s, but he was released after two years with the club. Adamson did not play in a senior Scottish league match. He then joined the police force, and he played for police representative football teams at Scottish and British level. He also played in Scottish junior football for several clubs, and won two Scottish junior international caps in the early 1980s.
Adamson re-entered Scottish senior football in 2005 as assistant manager of Scottish Third Division club Albion Rovers, working for manager Jim Chapman. They left Albion Rovers in May 2007, after the club cited communication problems between Chapman and their director of football.
Adamson and Chapman joined Dumbarton on 31 December 2007. During his spell as assistant, Dumbarton won the 2008–09 Scottish Third Division championship and promotion to the Scottish Second Division. He was appointed interim manager in October 2010, after Chapman had accepted another role at the club. Following a successful stint as interim manager, Adamson was confirmed as Dumbarton manager in April 2011.
Adamson guided his side to third place in the 2011–12 Scottish Second Division. They then beat both Arbroath and Airdrie United home and away to win the play-offs and claim a place in the Scottish First Division. Following a bad start in the second tier the next season with no wins in the first 9 games, he was relieved of his duties on 22 October 2012. Adamson works currently as Head coach for the Alderney official football team, which trained since 2011.
As of 6 February 2012[update]
|Dumbarton||October 2010||October 2012||87||35||16||36||40.23|
- statistics include Stirlingshire Cup games.
- "Alan Adamson". www.dumbartonfootballclub.com. Dumbarton FC. Retrieved 3 October 2012.
- "The Force is with Adamson". www.scottishfootballleague.com. Scottish Football League. 12 August 2011. Retrieved 3 October 2012.
- "Chapman surprise at Rovers sack". BBC Sport. BBC. 7 May 2007. Retrieved 3 October 2012.
- "Alan Adamson confirmed Dumbarton boss". BBC Sport. BBC. 12 April 2011. Retrieved 3 October 2012.
- "Dumbarton sack manager Alan Adamson after poor results". BBC Sport. BBC. 22 October 2012. Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- Alderney name their squad for Muratti semi-final
- Guernsey beat Alderney in Muratti - BBC
|This biographical article related to association football in Scotland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|