|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2009)|
|Notable works||Elizabeth I: CEO|
Alan Axelrod (born 1952) is an author of history, business and management books. He resides in Atlanta, Georgia.
He received his doctorate in English from the University of Iowa in 1979, specializing in the literature and culture of colonial America and the early republic. He has taught at Lake Forest College and Furman University, worked as a publishing executive, and has been a consultant to historical museums, cultural institutions, television's Civil War Journal, the WB Network, and the Discovery Channel.
- Napoleon: CEO (2011) Sterling ISBN 978-1-4027-7906-0 (Hardcover), ISBN 978-1-4027-8893-2 (ebook)
- Gandhi: CEO (2010) Sterling ISBN 978-1-4027-5806-5
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to the New World Order (2010)
- The Real History of the Cold War: A New Look at the Past (2009)
- Winston Churchill: CEO (2009)
- Edison on Innovation: 102 Lessons in Creativity for Business and Beyond (2008)
- What Every American Should Know about American History (2008)
- Blooding at Great Meadows: Young George Washington and the Battle That Shaped the Man (2008)
- Profiles in Folly: History's worst decisions and why they went wrong (2008)
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Astronomy, The Complete Idiot's Guide Series (2008)
- The Real History of World War II: A New Look at the Past (2008)
- Bradley. Great Generals Series. Contributor: Wesley K. Clark (2007). Palgrave Macmillan. ISBN 0230608566.
- The Real History of the American Revolution: A new look at the past (2007)
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Forensics, The Complete Idiot's Guide Series (2007)
- Eisenhower On Leadership: Ike's Enduring Lessons in Total Victory Management, (2006) Jossey-Bass ISBN 0-7879-8238-5
- American History ASAP (2003)
- Elizabeth I: CEO (2000) Prentice Hall ISBN 0-7352-0189-7
- Patton On Leadership: Strategic Lessons for Corporate Warfare, (1999) Prentice Hall ISBN 0-7352-0091-2
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to the American Revolution, The Complete Idiot's Guide Series (1999)
- The Encyclopedia of Wars (1997)
- International Encyclopedia of Secret Societies and Fraternal Orders New York; Facts on File, 1997
- The War Between the Spies: A History of Espionage During the American Civil War (1992) Atlantic Monthly ISBN 0-87113-482-9
- Chronicle of the Indian Wars: From Colonial Times to Wounded Knee (1990)
- Charles Brockden Brown: An American Tale (1983)
- Lincoln's Last Night: Abraham Lincoln, John Wilkes Booth, and the Last 36 Hours Before the Assassination
- The Wild West, as creative consultant.
- Civil War Journal, as creative consultant
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (April 2009)|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Alan Axelrod|