Alan Burridge (writer)
|Born||Alan Charles Burridge
7 May 1951
|Occupation||Novelist, organizer of the Motorheadbangers fan club|
|Subject||Motörhead biographer and discographer|
|Notable works||Murder In The Village|
Alan Burridge (born 7 May 1951), is the official biographer of the heavy rock band, Motörhead. He is also a writer of fiction novels and local interest books.
Burridge was born in Poole in Dorset, England. In his youth he was a reader and writer with an interest in music, which continued throughout his life. In 1977, Burridge became interested in heavy rock band Motörhead, and in January 1980, started the Motorhead Magazine fanzine. The magazine featured gig reviews and news whilst inviting the readership to become involved by writing their experiences of seeing the band live. Motorheadbangers, the official Motörhead fan club originally managed by drummer Phil Taylor's sister, Helen, ceased operations in 1983, Burridge, then working as a warehouseman, was asked by the band to roll it into his fan magazine, which continues to this day under the Motorheadbangers banner.
Burridge wrote two articles covering the band's history and discography for Record Collector, the April 1991 edition covered the band's history and official UK releases, whilst the July 1993 edition concentrated on Motörhead rarities. As well as providing the discography notes for the band's official website, Burridge wrote the liner notes for the Motörhead compilation albums Welcome to the Bear Trap and From the Vaults and had a large input with the Meltdown 3-CD box set. Burridge also writes gig reviews for local live music venue, Mr. Kyps, and is a Top 250 Reviewer on Amazon.co.uk.
Married since 1973 to wife, Jane, they have 2 children and 10 grandchildren.
- Motorhead Born to Lose Live to Win 1st Edition - Babylon Books July 1980.
- Motorhead Born to Lose Live to Win 2nd Edition - Babylon Books September 1980.
- Motorhead Babylon Books 1981 ISBN 0-86001-935-7 OP41300.
- Record Collector Motorhead feature: Issue 140 April 1991.
- Record Collector Motorhead feature: Issue 167 July 1993. Additional material by Mick Stevenson.
- The Illustrated Collector's Guide to Motorhead (with Mick Stevenson) Collector's Guide Publishing, Canada; 1994 ISBN 0-9695736-2-6.
- Motorheadbangers Diary of the Fans Volume 1 2002 e-booksonline ISBN 1-903949-14-9.
- All Pens Blazing Vol II - Bright Pen Books; 2010 ISBN 978-0-7552-1256-9 - Includes interview with Burridge.
- Put That Fag Out! - The Rocker's Guide to Giving Up Smoking ISBN 978-1-907140-22-8; 2010.
- Live to Win (Official Motorhead biography); 2012 Cleopatra - ISBN 0-9636193-8-1.
- Motorheadbangers Diary of the Fans Volume 1 - 2011 - Amazon download.
- Rock 'n' Roll Ink - 2011 - Amazon download.
- Motorheadbangers the Fan Club Interviews - 2012 - Amazon download.
- Redesigning a Small Back Garden - 2012 - Amazon download.
- Clean Ashtrays - Put That Fag Out! re-titled 2012 Amazon download.
- Blogs & Diatribes - 2012 Amazon download.
- The Message ISBN 1-903949-04-1, 2001.
- Dark Eyes ISBN 1-903949-36-X, 2001.
- The Wizard's Last Spell ISBN 1-903949-10-6, 2001.
- Dream Reapers ISBN 1-903949-06-8, 2001.
- Deal Gone Down ISBN 1-903949-16-5, 2002.
- Snapper ISBN 1-903949-17-3, 2002
- AfterShock ISBN 1-903949-18-1, 2002.
- Violent Society ISBN 1-903949-15-7, 2002.
- Audrey's Story ISBN 1-903949-27-0, 2003.
- Bewitching Times ISBN 1-903949-30-0, 2003.
- A Conspiracy of Silence ISBN 1-903949-38-6, 2004.
- Guttersnipes ISBN 1-903949-40-8, 2005.
- When the Clouds Have Passed ISBN 978-1-907140-21-1, 2010.
- Thunder in a Bottle ISBN 978-1-907140-32-7, 2010.
- Within Spitting Distance - Amazon download 2011.
- Murder in the Village - When The Clouds Have Passed re-titled Amazon download 2012.
- Thunder in a Bottle - New cover artwork - Amazon download 2012.
- The Coffin Dodgers - Short Story - Amazon download 2012.
All of the above books, with the exception of Dream Reapers, are available as downloads from Amazon.
- When Upton Had Trains ISBN 978-1-897887-75-2, 2008.
- Bournemouth Rocks! ISBN 978-1-897887-77-6, 2009.
- The Dorset Clay Industry to be published 2014.
- Long-Forgotten Facts About Upton & Poole in Dorset - 2011 - Amazon download.
- Lytchett Minster & Upton Walks (Editor) - 2012 - Amazon download.
- Friends 4 Upton Library Author Talks Reviews* - 2014 - Amazon download.
Fiction / local interest
- When Upton Was Bewitched - A Limited Edition of 50 numbered copies sold at author talks - 2009.
Fan club CD
- Sheep in Wolves Clothing - With songs on Motorhead tribute albums sounding much like the originals, Burridge invited an assortment of musicians and bands to provide polar opposite versions for this CD project, released in March 2008.
Contributing musicians / bands and tracks: 'Capricorn' - Mad Dogs / '1916' - The Sweet Zeros / 'I Don't Believe a Word' - Sonja Kristina / 'Lost Johnny' - The Deviants / 'Back at the Funny Farm' - The Underbelly / 'Ace of Spades' - Spirits Burning with Bridget Wishart / 'Orgasmatron' - Hobbyhorse / 'Damage Case' - Lissy Abraham / 'Stay Clean' - Alan Davey's Gunslinger / 'Metropolis' - Girlschool.
- "INTERVJU - ALAN BURRIDGE". Getmetal.com article. Archived from the original on 2007-06-29. Retrieved 2007-07-10.
- Motorhead Videobiography (Double DVD with 48 page book) Edgehill Publishing Ltd., June 2007 ISBN 978-1-905954-38-4
- Motorhead Overkill (Double DVD) Sandbeach Holdings Ltd; February 2008 UPC 823880026096
- Motorhead The Ultimate Review (Double DVD) - Alternate edits to the releases above. Anvil Media Ltd (ANV5096) - July 2013.
- Living With MS - Mini-Documentary featuring Alan Burridge -
- It was #5 in Amazon's Bestselling British Detective Story download novels chart on 8th and 10th May 2012, staying in the Top 10 for 3 weeks.
- Burridge, Alan (April 1991). "Motorhead". Record Collector (140): 16–22.
- Burridge, Alan; Mick Stevenson (July 1993). "Motorhead". Record Collector (167): 72–76.
- "Seaside rock" by Patrick Gough (17 August 2009)