recorded August 2014
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
Alan Connor is a British writer, journalist and television presenter. First seen on Channel 4's youth entertainment programme The Word in 1995, he later appeared on The Big Breakfast and BBC Radio Five Live and was a BBC News correspondent, appearing on BBC News 24 and The Daily Politics.
In 2013, Connor wrote Two Girls, One on Each Knee: A History of Cryptic Crosswords for Penguin books.
In 2014 Gotham Books published The Crossword Century: 100 Years of Witty Wordplay, Ingenious Puzzles, and Linguistic Mischief.
- The Word, Internet Movie Database
- "Tips For The Technically Terrified", BBC News, 5 July 2006
- "A Young Doctor's Notebook: from the operating table to the screen", Guardian, 4 December 2012
- BBC News: Smashed Hits
- Guardian writer page
- Two Girls, One on Each Knee: A History of Cryptic Crosswords, Penguin Books
- Connor, Alan. The Crossword Century: 100 Years of Witty Wordplay, Ingenious Puzzles, and Linguistic Mischief. New York: Gotham Books, 2014. ISBN 9781592408580
- "Alan Connor's website". Alan Connor.
- "Biography at DAA Management". Debi Allen Associates.
- "Author page at David Higham Associates". David Higham Associates.
|This biographical article related to Scottish television people is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to BBC Television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|