From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Class and Community: The Industrial Revolution in Lynn. (Harvard University Press, 1976) Winner of the Bancroft Prize.
- Working for Democracy: American Workers from the Revolution to the Present. (co-editor with Paul Buhle) (University of Illinois Press, 1985)
- Struggles for Justice: Social Responsibility and the Liberal State. (Harvard University Press, 1991)
- Changing the World: American Progressives in War and Revolution, 1914-1924. (Princeton University Press, 2003)
- Alan Dawley. Contemporary Authors Online (Detroit: Gale). 2004.
- "The Bancroft Prizes". Columbia University Libraries. Archived from the original on 2007-07-14. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- "Alan Dawley, historian and activist, dies at 64". April 7, 2008. Retrieved May 21, 2013.