|Full name||Alan Jeffrey Goodall|
|Date of birth||2 December 1981|
|Place of birth||Birkenhead, England|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|2010–2011||→ Newport County (loan)||8||(0)|
|2013||→ Grimsby Town (loan)||7||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10 July 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Birkenhead, Merseyside, Goodall joined League of Wales club Bangor City in the summer of 2001. In his first season at the Farrar Road club, he played in the Welsh Cup final picking up a runners-up medal in the defeat against Barry Town at Park Avenue, Aberystwyth.
He was part of the team that lost narrowly in the 2002–03 UEFA Cup against FK Sartid and 2003–04 UEFA Intertoto Cup losing to Gloria Bistriţa. In 91 League of Wales appearances for City, Goodall scored ten goals. Towards the end of the 2003–04 season, he spent time on trial at Wrexham A.F.C., before joining Rochdale in the summer of 2004, we're Karl Hughes was also signed.
At the end of the 2005–06 season, Goodall's second at Spotland, he had made 74 League Two appearances scoring five times. In June 2007 Goodall signed for recently relegated League One side Luton Town on a two-year contract. He then scored on his debut in a 2–1 victory over Hartlepool United.
Goodall signed for Chesterfield on a two-year contract in August 2008 following his release from Luton Town. He scored his first goal for the club on 6 September 2008, with a 94th minute winner against Rotherham United at Saltergate. On 31 July 2010 he rejoined Rochdale on a six-month contract. On 4 November 2010 he joined Blue Square Bet Premier side Newport County on loan and returned to Rochdale in January 2011. On 31 January 2011 he joined League 2 side Stockport County making his debut for the club on 5 February against Torquay United.
In May 2011 he was informed that he would not be offered a contract by the club for the 2011/12 season.
In Summer 2011 he joined Fleetwood Town. On 2 September 2013 he joined Grimsby Town, on a one-month loan. He returned to Fleetwood on 9 October 2013 due to sustaining an injury during Grimsby's 0-3 away win at Aldershot Town the previous Saturday.
On 15th July 2014 he signed for Morecambe F.C on a free transfer due to his release from Fleetwood Town F.C. He will wear the number 13 shirt for the Shrimps. As of the 16th July 2014, the length of the contract had not yet been released publicly.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2009). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2009–10. Mainstream Publishing. p. 166. ISBN 978-1-84596-474-0.
- "Luton recruit Rochdale defender". BBC Sport. 27 June 2007. Retrieved 5 February 2011.
- "Spireites complete Goodall deal". BBC Sport. 8 August 2008. Retrieved 5 February 2011.
- "Alan Goodall completes Rochdale return". BBC Sport. 3 August 2010. Retrieved 5 February 2011.
- "Rochdale's Alan Goodall and Callum Byrne leave on loan". BBC Sport. 4 November 2010. Retrieved 5 February 2011.
- "Rochdale sign Stockport County defender Robbie Williams". BBC Sport. 31 January 2011. Archived from the original on 1 February 2011. Retrieved 5 February 2011.
- "Torquay – Stockport". BBC Sport. 5 February 2011. Archived from the original on 8 February 2011. Retrieved 5 February 2011.
- "2011–12 retained list revealed". Stockport County FC. 25 May 2011.
- "Highbury round-up". Fleetwood Town F.C. 9 October 2013. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- "Aldershot 0-3 Grimsby". BBC Sport. 5 October 2013. Retrieved 10 October 2013.