Alan M. Davis
Alan Mark Davis is a Professor of Business Strategy and Entrepreneurship in the College of Business at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs. He is also President and CEO of Offtoa, Inc. Davis earned his Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1975. He has held academic positions at George Mason University and the University of Tennessee. He has been a visiting faculty member at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, the University of Jos (Nigeria), the University of the Western Cape (South Africa), the University of Technology, Sydney (Australia), the Technical University of Madrid (Spain), and Atma Jaya University, Yogyakarta (Indonesia). He has held industry positions at GTE (a Director of R&D at GTE Communication Systems in Phoenix, Arizona; and Director of the Software Technology Center at GTE Laboratories in Waltham, Massachusetts), BTG (Vice President in Vienna, Virginia), and Omni-Vista (President in Colorado Springs, Colorado). He was Editor-in-Chief of IEEE Software from 1994 to 1998 and was an editor for the Journal of Systems and Software (1987-2010) and Communications of the ACM (1981-1991) and on the editorial board of the Requirements Engineering Journal (2005-2011). He was a Fulbright Senior Specialist from 2003 through 2007. He has been an IEEE Fellow since 1994.
Davis has written the following books. In 2006, his 201 Principles of Software Development was voted by ACM members as one of the 20 classic computer science books:
- Software Requirements: Analysis and Specification (Prentice Hall 1990), ISBN 0-13-824673-4.
- Software Requirements: Objects, Functions and States (Prentice Hall, 1993), ISBN 0-13-805763-X.
- 201 Principles of Software Development (McGraw Hill, 1995), ISBN 0-07-015840-1.
- Great Software Debates (Wiley and IEEE Computer Society Press, 2004), ISBN 0-471-67523-7.
- Just Enough Requirements Management (Dorset House, 2004), ISBN 0-932633-64-1.