|Member of the New York State Assembly
from the 59th district
|Preceded by||Frank Seddio|
July 25, 1945 |
Brooklyn, New York
|Residence||Brooklyn, New York|
|Alma mater||Long Island University|
Alan N. Maisel (born July 25, 1945) represents District 59 in the New York State Assembly, which includes large portions of Southeast Brooklyn, including Marine Park, Bergen Beach, Gerritsen Beach, Mill Basin, Flatlands, and parts of Canarsie.
Prior to his election to the Assembly, Maisel served as a member of Community Board #18. Prior to that he served as an Administrative Assistant to Congressman Charles Schumer and Chief of Staff to Assemblyman Frank R. Seddio, who preceded him in office. He also served as the Assistant Director of the New York State Legislative Task Force on Reapportionment from 1972–1982.
He graduated from the Brooklyn Center of Long Island University with a B.A. in History and an M.A. in Urban Studies. He also holds an Advanced Certificate of Administration and Supervision in Education from Brooklyn College.
He is also a retired school principal and public school teacher.
Maisel and his wife Lynn have two children, Terry and Lauren.
Election results 
- "State Assembly: Alan Maisel (D), District 59". Capitol Info. Archived from the original on March 22, 2011. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- "Assembly District 59, Alan Maisel: Biography". New York State Assembly. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- "Assembly Member Alan N. Maisel (NY)". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- "Special Election Results, 59th Assembly District: February 28, 2006" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. 2006. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- "General Election Results, State Assembly: November 7, 2006" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. December 14, 2006. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- "General Election Results, State Assembly: November 4, 2008" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. December 4, 2008. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- "General Election Results, State Assembly: November 2, 2010" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. December 13, 2010. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- New York State Assembly Member Website
- Former Seddio Chief Of Staff Alan Maisel Wins Special Election
- Biography: New York State Democratic Committee
- Send Alan Maisel Back to Albany On Tuesday
- Levy Remains Steadfast In His Challenge to Maisel
- Maisel's response to the 2008 Candidate Questionnaire for State Senate and Assembly from the 504 Democratic Club of New York City
|New York Assembly|
|New York State Assembly, 59th District